Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a massive assumption unless you know him personally.
It's only based on what i have seen, he was the original social media footballer and the fact that every time he has been on loan it's never worked for him and clubs don't want him because he isn't good enough.

Honestly he would come across a lot more genuine if he just said "I know I am not in the manager's plans but Everton gave me the best contract of my career and I am going to sit it out for the final season". All of his "ready to compete" etc is just drivel to deflect from him just taking the money for no work at all. And I don't even blame him for doing this, it's Everton's problem.

Have to say I have some sympathy for his situation. The injury he got stopped him in his tracks, we will never know if he was good enough. At least he was prepared to go out on loan and try his luck.
What can he say now only I am ready to play but he needs a club we’re he and get regular football, won’t happen with us, probably Championship level.

I think he'd be a good squad player if his wages weren't so insane.

Pre-injury I'd agree, his silly wage increase upon arrival aside, he's been very unlucky in his time here. For the pace-merchant winger he is, he got the worst kind of injury. He was quite good as an outlet for long balls from what I remember too, he defo would have had a place in the team under both Silva and Carlo pre-injury imo.

We never should have signed him for the price we did no give him like 75k a week like.

Honestly he would come across a lot more genuine if he just said "I know I am not in the manager's plans but Everton gave me the best contract of my career and I am going to sit it out for the final season". All of his "ready to compete" etc is just drivel to deflect from him just taking the money for no work at all. And I don't even blame him for doing this, it's Everton's problem.

Or, he may also realises that we are the biggest team he's ever played for or likely to play for, who now have 1 of the top managers in world football that practically anyone would want to work under, and he wants to genuinely give it his all and fight for it?

Whether you think he's the best player or not, you have to feel for him a little. He was signed by us and thought he was getting a dream move. He played 3 months or so, and was doing OK, then had a potentially career threatening injury, worked bloody hard to get himself back fit, even going as far as to change his running style to help him, and after a year out, returned to a god awful team set up by Allardyce to grind out points, then got shunted out on loan 3 times by Silva who wasn't interested in him. He's had less than a whole season to show himself here.

Im not saying he's the answer, but he seems like a hard worker and has self belief. Do you really begrudge him trying to make a go of it when he may never get a similar opportunity again?

I know I don't. And I hope all of the players on the books have the exact same attitude come the summer. You might only get 1 opportunity to work with a manager like Ancelotti. If you're not prepared to give it your all, you should pick a different profession.

I expect that CA will bring him back into the squad for pre season .
It will give the manager a chance to have a look at him but also give Brands a chance to move him out on loan again.

I expect that CA will bring him back into the squad for pre season .
It will give the manager a chance to have a look at him but also give Brands a chance to move him out on loan again.
There isn't going to be a pre season mate, the current season is going to end then there is talk of like a 2 week break then the next season will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.