2018/19 Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've bought several players from struggling teams in recent years - I don't think you can generalise. And you can't be sure how young players will respond either.

Gana was relegated with Aston Villa
Keane came from Burnley - finished 16th
Pickford was relegated with Sunderland

Sigurdsson was squeezed out of Spurs after they bought Eriksen (11.5 million GBP) and Lamella (30 million GBP) - amongst others - with the proceeds from the sale of Bale. I hope he will get a chance to show us what he can do this season.

The RS bought Robertson from relegated Hull and Leicester bought Maguire.

I wish we had bought them :(

Gana could hardly get a game with Aston Villa. Probably one of the reasons they were relegated.

Also the prices on Eriksen and Lamela look like they should be flipped at this point. You'd expect Lamela to be the better of the two with that price point.

In fact, Gana started 35 Premier League games for Villa in 2015/16, more than any other player.

I understand that Steve Walsh identified Gana as the replacement for Kante at Leicester, but went on to sign him for Everton instead.

BirminghamLive A lowdown on the first Villa squad to be relegated from the top-flight in 29 years by Gregg Evans 16 APR 2016

Idrissa Gana 6/10

Right man, wrong time. The Senegal ace has got on with his business in a professional manner and hasn’t caused any fuss on or off the pitch. He largely does what he’s asked to do, apart from when he gets caught drifting out of his deep-lying role.

Gana is great at breaking up play, whether that be through tackles or interceptions, but he needed to add a few goals to his game. Will get another decent move if he wants out.

We've bought several players from struggling teams in recent years - I don't think you can generalise. And you can't be sure how young players will respond either.

Sigurdsson was squeezed out of Spurs after they bought Eriksen (11.5 million GBP) and Lamella (30 million GBP) - amongst others - with the proceeds from the sale of Bale. I hope he will get a chance to show us what he can do this season.

I think he's pointing out their ages based on their fees.

Pickford and Keane are still young - Pickford worth the money, Keane could go either way. Gana was for next to nothing.

Bolasie and Siggurdson are at their peak age, won't get better, and we paid £30+mill for them.

One side you're paying for potential. The other you're paying to hopefully push you on.

More's the pity.

Who do you blame most - Bolasie, Walsh, Koeman or Allardyce?

Lukaku for banging on about us signing him.

In fact, Gana started 35 Premier League games for Villa in 2015/16, more than any other player.

I understand that Steve Walsh identified Gana as the replacement for Kante at Leicester, but went on to sign him for Everton instead.

BirminghamLive A lowdown on the first Villa squad to be relegated from the top-flight in 29 years by Gregg Evans 16 APR 2016

Idrissa Gana 6/10

Right man, wrong time. The Senegal ace has got on with his business in a professional manner and hasn’t caused any fuss on or off the pitch. He largely does what he’s asked to do, apart from when he gets caught drifting out of his deep-lying role.

Gana is great at breaking up play, whether that be through tackles or interceptions, but he needed to add a few goals to his game. Will get another decent move if he wants out.
You're right, not sure who I was thinking of. Maybe it was they signed a new midfielder and couldn't guarantee him time. Not sure.

Has he handed in a request? Would much prefer to keep him but if we can make some money from the deal I'd be happy. He led the league season before last in tackles if I remember correctly, well beating Kante. Unfortunately that does not mean everything.

Lukaku for banging on about us signing him.

They certainly got off to a flying start.

Daily Telegraph 4 NOVEMBER 2016

To stop Romelu Lukaku it is increasingly evident you must stop Yannick Bolasie. Bolasie is becoming English football’s chief assistant, the provider for four of Lukaku’s seven league goals this season as the duo strike a rapport with and without the ball. The winger has revealed how he and Lukaku are using Lingala – a language common to Congo – to keep opponents guessing. It is proving a productive camaraderie, taking the notion of doing the talking on the pitch to literal extremes.

“In one of the conversations I had with Alan Pardew before I came here, he did say it would be a challenge because the pitch at Goodison is smaller and teams would come here and play a counter-attacking style,” he said. “He said it would be completely different for me. Right now I am seeing that, but I know once I’ve adapted fully I will show more.

“I don’t think I’ve shown all I want to show – more at home, maybe. It’s about the space I can find. When I was at Palace and I came to Goodison I found that space. Teams are trebling up on me, forcing me to go one way into corners. You could say in some ways it’s a sign of respect but I want to overcome that because if you do, then you can become unstoppable.”

How big is the pitch going to be at Bramley Moore?

Last edited:

nar just had a look bolasie signed a month later than walsh

overpaying for average players is a walsh speciality

Lots of average players here;

Schmeichel
Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs
Mahrez Kante Drinkwater Albrighton
Okazaki Vardy

I don't think Leicester overpaid for many of them - nobody else wanted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.