2018/19 Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal only got finalized in the last 43 seconds before the deadline. Apparently Lukaku 'forced' him to go to Anderlecht. A plus for him is that there's a very large Belgian Congolese community in Brussels. According to most sources RSCA got him on the cheap for 6 months.

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190201_04144968

(English short flash interview with him on there)

Anderlecht had his transfer with Yannick Bolasie just before deadline: "It was still exciting: 43 seconds!"

2be47cca-25b1-11e9-b1a1-7023c03dcc94_web_scale_0.1194354_0.1194354__.jpg

Anderlecht still have its offensive reinforcement: the 29-year-old flank attacker Yannick Bolasie signed a contract with Purple & White just before the transfer market was closed and was hired from Everton.

Yannick Bolasie (29) is not the first aimed striker, but a polyvalent flank attacker who was loaned to Aston Villa in the Championship earlier this season by Everton. There he did 21 matches - 9 base places - and he was good for 2 goals and 5 assists. Anderlecht are planning to rent it for six months.
"43 seconds before the deadline it was only around"
"Romelu Lukaku almost forced me to come," laughed the new arrival when he came out. "I am very happy, this is a nice challenge. In the end it was still very stressful, 43 seconds before the deadline it was not finished. No joke!"
Will he be able to take on Standard on Sunday? "I am fit, why not? I was training this morning. "

The deal only got finalized in the last 43 seconds before the deadline. Apparently Lukaku 'forced' him to go to Anderlecht. A plus for him is that there's a very large Belgian Congolese community in Brussels. According to most sources RSCA got him on the cheap for 6 months.

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190201_04144968

(English short flash interview with him on there)

Once they see him play they will realise he really wasn’t that cheap.

People have mis-interpreted what I've written there. It has nothing to do with his race FFS even I'm not that crass. Belgium is famous for making chocolates and nothing else so why would anyone go there? Bloody hell I'm not Nick Griffin!

Some lovely architecture in Belgium, also they might have family so could be plenty of reasons why they would goto Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies.