Yakubu v Saha

Who was the better striker before Moyes destroyed them?

• Yakubu

• Saha

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saha had everything but does anybody remember that year where him and cahill absolutely stunk the place out till around Christmas/new year. I think they scored one goal each in about 20 games or something, before Cahill got sold

Yakubu and its not even close...

Even after his injury, he was still better, Moyes just didn't want to know.

Saha is the most overrated player I think we've had In my memory .

Voted Yak because he led the line on the best everton team I witnessed (I've only been watching since 2003).

Saha was a pretty damn good buy though. We literally got him on a pay as you play and was pretty damn good in 2010-11. Plus I never saw a player in the prem torture Terry like he did.

Sucks that we got both on the tail end of their careers though.

That's why I thought it would be interesting, because for me it's really close, although the vote is not playing out that way.

In all comps Yak scored 33 in 107 and Saha scored 35 in 115.

Saha getting us to the semi and scoring in the final edges it for me.
Surprised by that - would have guessed Yakubu would have been way ahead of Saha on goals scored.

Yak for his first season prior to his injury. 21 goals I think he scored.

The first top striker we'd had in decades.

Surprised by that - would have guessed Yakubu would have been way ahead of Saha on goals scored.

Yeah...I think perhaps his last season where he scored 1 in 18 or something might have soured folks on him.

I also think that what should be one of his most memorable moments in a blue shirt is clouded in the negativity of how we lost the Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.