Yakubu v Saha

Who was the better striker before Moyes destroyed them?

• Yakubu

• Saha

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I loved them both. But I felt that if Saha would have stayed fit, he probably would have been our best PL striker. He did have everything in his locker when on song. Yak on the other hand, great first touch, best finisher I’ve seen and used to knock people all over the place using his build.

In their respective primes Saha was the better player. Absolutely top notch striker unfortunately plagued with injuries. Still had some good spells for us though.

Yak was another all round very good striker but other than his bad injury for us, he stayed fit for most of his career, but still suffered some really poor spells of form. We'll never know how he would have done if he'd not have gotten that injury but given his form at Blackburn afterwards, you suspect maybe something else was influencing Moyes when he didn't play him much.

If say the Yak shades it as he was in good form before his move to us. Whereas Saha wouldn't have ever been ours if not for injuries and subsequently patchy form. Still had some cracking games mind. The 4 against Blackpool were ace.

I ended up going for Saha. Scored the game winner to get us to the semi's and gave us the lead in the final.

That four goal performance was incredible.

Both struggled to stay healthy. Love the Yak though.

literally can't choose, saha the better overall player, yakubu the better goalscorer. In their time here though? hmm, yak had one great season then got crocked and was finished pretty much, saha was always a crock but did a lot here in his time, don't think he lived up to his full potential tbh. I'm not voting, this is a real cheese on toast answer.

literally can't choose, saha the better overall player, yakubu the better goalscorer. In their time here though? hmm, yak had one great season then got crocked and was finished pretty much, saha was always a crock but did a lot here in his time, don't think he lived up to his full potential tbh. I'm not voting, this is a real cheese on toast answer.

That's why I thought it would be interesting, because for me it's really close, although the vote is not playing out that way.

In all comps Yak scored 33 in 107 and Saha scored 35 in 115.

Saha getting us to the semi and scoring in the final edges it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.