Yakubu enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you not concerned in the slightest? I don't give a [Poor language removed] about Henry I'm talking about our striker.

At the end of the day, no matter which way you slice it, which angle you look at it, and in whatever language, strikers need to score goals, and they certainly need to score open goals.

As far as I am concerned just because a player plays for Everton it doesn't remove them from the line of fire if they are not producing the goods.

I mean were quick enough to criticise Richard Wright. Hibbert also seems to be in line for the odd criticism from time to time. But I'm sure they are all putting in the effort, but if they are not tackling or making the saves, then they are a concern.

One thing I can say is that AJ does seem to show more than Beattie ever did and I"m not overly concerned, but it may get to the stage when we need to be seeing a goal return.

concerned - not yet, he had foot surgery 2 months ago, and played through the pain for us last season before the surgery. like when i guaranteed signings this summer, i now guarantee goals from johnson in open play this season, in fact, before new year. my personal guarantee.

some lazy, bone idle [Poor language removed] not giving a [Poor language removed] wouldnt score any goals - see yakubu the other night, not interested - no effort. NO GOAL.

strikers scoring goals, Zola was never prolific, same with Bergkamp, but what else did they bring to the side?

whats wit hthe 'open goal' stuff? johnson didnt miss an open goal today so far as i saw.

the shirt isnt protection, i agree, but im not into criticising unduely or early.

wright and beattie dont play for us, so in the comparrison with henry...

"I don't give a [Poor language removed] about Henry I'm talking about our striker."

concerned - not yet, he had foot surgery 2 months ago, and played through the pain for us last season before the surgery. like when i guaranteed signings this summer, i now guarantee goals from johnson in open play this season, in fact, before new year. my personal guarantee.

some lazy, bone idle [Poor language removed] not giving a [Poor language removed] wouldnt score any goals - see yakubu the other night, not interested - no effort. NO GOAL.

strikers scoring goals, Zola was never prolific, same with Bergkamp, but what else did they bring to the side?

whats wit hthe 'open goal' stuff? johnson didnt miss an open goal today so far as i saw.

the shirt isnt protection, i agree, but im not into criticising unduely or early.

wright and beattie dont play for us, so in the comparrison with henry...

"I don't give a [Poor language removed] about Henry I'm talking about our striker."

Yes but they did play for us and they are connected to our fan mentality to past and present players.

I havn't overly criticised AJ, but I am just concerned that he's not scoring as freely as he should be, and he will be the first to admit that he would want to score more goals, its his natural ability.

So do you not want Yakubu because he never tried for Boro? Do you not think he was like that because he knew he was going?

injuries is just our bad luck (or mismanagement from aus)

if AJ scored 10 every game, and i asked him would he like to score more, i suspect he would say he definatley would.

im unsure on yakubu, id prefer to get gamst pedersen in and have a midfield that people fear right across, not just the bit arteta is standing on.

yak in could well be one of the final missing pieces, but there are no guarantees in football, and certainly no guarantees in transfers.

hindsight is a wonderful thing, when you go out to the shops, pick me up a bag.

injuries is just our bad luck (or mismanagement from aus)

if AJ scored 10 every game, and i asked him would he like to score more, i suspect he would say he definatley would.

im unsure on yakubu, id prefer to get gamst pedersen in and have a midfield that people fear right across, not just the bit arteta is standing on.

yak in could well be one of the final missing pieces, but there are no guarantees in football, and certainly no guarantees in transfers.

hindsight is a wonderful thing, when you go out to the shops, pick me up a bag.

Well it depends if you drive a Dolorian or not.

So MGP? Why do you say that, is that someone we are looking to bring in?

quality left footer that knows his job is committed and has pace. oh yeah, has a quality left foot as well, would really balance our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.