Xabi Alonso?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks, well overrated, good passer of the ball but for that kind of money i'd expect a world beater not a player who can't get into the RS team(n)

Brad Friedel couldn't get into the RS team either.

I would take him to be honest, but not at the price the fat one wants. He would be a priceless replacement for Carsley and would fit in well. The RS have a habit of not knowing what to do with the players they have, history has shown us that. Our Gaffer would create wonders with Alonso, and playing alongside his best mate, do none of you see the potential magic? He not only grew up with spud, they did the academies together.

If the price was around 10 mill I would take him in a heartbeat. but it ain't gonna happen.

Xabi Alonso is a target for Fenerbahce

Xabi Alonso has been offered a move to Turkey's Fenerbahce as Liverpool look to raise cash to buy Gareth Barry.
Kop boss Rafael Benitez has agreed a £12million-plus deal with Fenerbahce to sell Alonso, and held talks with the midfielder yesterday to thrash out his future.

Fenerbahce want Alonso to spearhead their Champions League bid next season and have tabled a bid that they hope will land the Euro 2008 winner's signature.

Alonso, 26, fell out of favour towards the end of last season when the Reds began their pursuit of £18m-rated midfielder Barry.
He returned to Anfield for pre-season training yesterday and met with Benitez. And Alonso says he would have 'no problem' staying on Merseyside.

Mirror

We need a central midfielder and Xabi is a good choice for us.
;)

Brad Friedel couldn't get into the RS team either.

I would take him to be honest, but not at the price the fat one wants. He would be a priceless replacement for Carsley and would fit in well. The RS have a habit of not knowing what to do with the players they have, history has shown us that. Our Gaffer would create wonders with Alonso, and playing alongside his best mate, do none of you see the potential magic? He not only grew up with spud, they did the academies together.

If the price was around 10 mill I would take him in a heartbeat. but it ain't gonna happen.

i agree here, gazdalf. if there was a surprise signing of alonso i would be very happy.

good shout alonso, but any recognised spanish international, such as senna would be a help in guaranteeing the services of arteta as the spanish manager would be keeping tabs on them here forcing him to look at arteta too.

I wouldn't buy anything from the gobshites at present until benitez [Poor language removed] off and they stop valuing their players at 50% above actual market value.

I wouldn't buy anything from the gobshites at present until benitez [Poor language removed] off and they stop valuing their players at 50% above actual market value.
Why do you want the fat waiter to go ?as long as he managers the shyte they will NEVER win the league:D

Status
Not open for further replies.