• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its supported strongly by his record since he left us.

He was given 11 years here and I was very firmly in the Moyes camp, but only a fool would think him coming back is anything other than a firm backwards step at this point.
We can’t go much further backwards than what we are at present, can’t score a goal, can’t defend, no leadership, no fight, no passion, I could go on. I don’t think Moyes would make us any worse, I’m sure he would tackle more than a few of the issues we currently have.

Moyes has become a laughing stock of English football and i don't think he has what it takes to move us in the right direction

We can’t go much further backwards than what we are at present, can’t score a goal, can’t defend, no leadership, no fight, no passion, I could go on. I don’t think Moyes would make us any worse, I’m sure he would tackle more than a few of the issues we currently have.

I would take him over certain other managers, like the FSW in China, Eddie bloody Howe and that scarf-wearing tit from Italy, we could defo do worse, but I would also like to think we could do a lot, lot better.

I would take him over certain other managers, like the FSW in China, Eddie bloody Howe and that scarf-wearing tit from Italy, we could defo do worse, but I would also like to think we could do a lot, lot better.
Fair comment, i just think some people have forgotten that whilst we didn’t win anything under Moyes he did produce a team that would fight for everything, and his home record was very good. I think 1 year we were only beaten by city at home (can’t remember the year) he also signed several good players from nowhere, I won’t list them but we all know the ones.

Fair comment, i just think some people have forgotten that whilst we didn’t win anything under Moyes he did produce a team that would fight for everything, and his home record was very good. I think 1 year we were only beaten by city at home (can’t remember the year) he also signed several good players from nowhere, I won’t list them but we all know the ones.

I wont have a bad word said about the Moyes years.

He took over a club on its arse, fighting relegation on the regular, he was here 11 years and I think in all that time he spent around 13m NET on players, some of his signings are still here to this day. He got us 4th place with Marcus Bent up top!!! He took us to a Cup Final, none of that is NSNO, but he gave us something more to wish for.

I just think he lacked that 10% that all the best managers have, the ability to get that extra 10%, the tactical nous and I also think in this day and age he wont be respected by modern players who only respect the cash money and insta likes.

If he was to come in, I would support him fully, like I do with whoever we appoint and he will be given every chance by me, but sadly im almost certain I would be very much in the minority.

I'd say no he isn't. 11 years with us is 418 PL games (or thereabouts, I don't recall when we went to 20 teams). There's no way he's won 400 PL games with us and his bit parts elsewhere.

David Moyes – 204 wins
One of Jose’s Old Trafford predecessors, David Moyes has an eye-brow raising 204 wins as a Premier League manager. He is ahead of some pretty huge, successful names in the history of this division despite being an increasing figure of fun in recent years.

Moyes’ record with Everton was pretty impressive, taking over a time when they looked dead certs for the drop after years of serious decline. His fourth place finish in 2003-2004 was a genuinely staggering achievement. However, you cannot help but feel that his stint at the Toffees dragged on for longer than it should have. Had he have left an gone to a club more capable of winning major honours, it maybe could have stood him in better stead for his ill fated time at Manchester United in 2013-2014.

Currently job seeking, don’t bet against him resurfacing somewhere in the Premier League again this season.

Moyes is a perfectly fine manager, but I'm not sure he's what we need now. Although, our fresh-faced, continental bright new dawn isn't working out so well so maybe a granite hewn dour old Scot is the better answer.
Given that description fits the likes of Matt Busby, Jock Stein, Bill Shankly, Alex Ferguson and Jim McLean, it is hardly a recipe for disaster in a manager.

That’s a bit drastic! Did he run over your car?
No I haven’t got a car or cat. I had eleven years of him which was more than enough, eleven years in which he never won one away game against the top four teams, FORTY FOUR matches, too frightened of losing to try and win a game.He feathered his own nest, being the only manager in the premier league who earned more than all of his players, agreed the move to Kirkby would be a good thing for Everton FC and advocated Everton fans to vote for it. He said it was like taking a knife to a gunfight when we played Man. City then put the knife away and produced a large white flag when we got there. A defeatist attitude away from home. He had agreed to join United but was still giving contracts to Everton players, this was allowed by Kenwright. As I say if he comes back, and there is a chance he will if Kenwright has anything to do with it, then I hope he does well because I love Everton FC, but I just couldn’t go on principle.

No I haven’t got a car or cat. I had eleven years of him which was more than enough, eleven years in which he never won one away game against the top four teams, FORTY FOUR matches, too frightened of losing to try and win a game.He feathered his own nest, being the only manager in the premier league who earned more than all of his players, agreed the move to Kirkby would be a good thing for Everton FC and advocated Everton fans to vote for it. He said it was like taking a knife to a gunfight when we played Man. City then put the knife away and produced a large white flag when we got there. A defeatist attitude away from home. He had agreed to join United but was still giving contracts to Everton players, this was allowed by Kenwright. As I say if he comes back, and there is a chance he will if Kenwright has anything to do with it, then I hope he does well because I love Everton FC, but I just couldn’t go on principle.
True, but then people also claim his Man City wins against Mancini don’t count, even though they were definitely top four. And the Spurs wins don’t count either for some reason. Yet winning away now against Man Utd would be some kind of achievement?

Not a penny off me either mate.

Totally agree.

True, but then people also claim his Man City wins against Mancini don’t count, even though they were definitely top four. And the Spurs wins don’t count either for some reason. Yet winning away now against Man Utd would be some kind of achievement?
Quite a few teams won at Old Trafford when they were reigning champions under Moyes when he nearly lasted one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.