Roberto back in the goodison hotseat?

• Of course

Votes: 61 20.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 244 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we received 2 league titles, 2 FA cups and a European trophy for Southall.
So, erm....

Lukaku was a fantastic piece of business though. As was Stones.
Stones would have remained in the reserves until he was 25 under Moyes.

Martinez played him, got an England place for him, and he was then able to be sold for £50M.

Didn't say that.

3 seasons here =

5th place

Last 16 in Europe

2 cup SFs

That's about it really.

5th place - Followed by successive bottom half finishes

Last 16 in Europa - Embarrassed in said game

2 Cup SF - Means absolutely nothing as they were relatively easy pathways to the Semis

You're right... That really is about it.

Phenomenal.

5th place - Followed by successive bottom half finishes

Last 16 in Europa - Embarrassed in said game

2 Cup SF - Means absolutely nothing as they were relatively easy pathways to the Semis

You're right... That really is about it.

Phenomenal.
I'm not claiming he had a stellar career here at Everton. I'm merely underlining the fact that his tenure was very acceptable given the spending levels, the time he was allowed here, and performance across the board in all competitions.

That is the inconvenient truth.

I'm not claiming he had a stellar career here at Everton. I'm merely underlining the fact that his tenure was very acceptable given the spending levels, the time he was allowed here, and performance across the board in all competitions.

That is the inconvenient truth.

If one top half finish in 3 is very acceptable to you then more power to you.

If one top half finish in 3 is very acceptable to you then more power to you.

It's not. I just told you that.

As I said a few pages back...and I think I nailed it with this, tbh....the animosity toward Martinez is really the displaced self-anger many posters here have toward themselves for being mugged off by Moshiri, who they thought had a half a 'kin clue what he was doing and that he'd get Mourinho in and a star studded squad that would get us CL places each season if we just moved RM on.

Those posters were made to feel like right 'kin mugs, but they wont own up to that, they just take pot shots at RM to cover their tracks. They made a huge mistake in believing that Martinez could be easily bettered. THAT is at the heart of their anger.

Considering he cant defend ..as he showed for us, it was amazing business. City will pay a lot for the reserve team.
It was a mugging of epic proportions.

I said every moment Stones was here that he was never a defender. I always felt he needed to be playing in a Carrick type role further up the pitch.

As I said a few pages back...and I think I nailed it with this, tbh....the animosity toward Martinez is really the displaced self-anger many posters here have toward themselves for being mugged off by Moshiri, who they thought had a half a 'kin clue what he was doing and that he'd get Mourinho in and a star studded squad that would get us CL places each season if we just moved RM on.

Those posters were made to feel right 'kin mugs, but they wont own up to that, they just take pot shots at RM to cover their tracks. They made a huge mistake in believing that Martinez could be easily bettered. THAT is at the heart of their anger.
No it is not. Martinez failed here. It never means things cant work somewhere else, but he had to go. His principles could have taken us down. He was not pragmatic at all and we played as a laughing stock at times.

No it is not. Martinez failed here. It never means things cant work somewhere else, but he had to go. His principles could have taken us down. He was not pragmatic at all and we played as a laughing stock at times.
You've missed my point entirely.

Those posters were made to feel like right 'kin mugs, but they wont own up to that, they just take pot shots at RM to cover their tracks. They made a huge mistake in believing that Martinez could be easily bettered. THAT is at the heart of their anger.

No anger here, just vivid memories of how poor a manager Martinez was in most aspects of the game.

Nothing to do with Moshiri.

No anger here, just vivid memories of how poor a manager Martinez was in most aspects of the game.

Nothing to do with Moshiri.
Lauded as opening the school of science by the same people who demanded his dismissal two seasons later after being conned by the carpetbagger that the good times were just around the corner. Bottom line.

Lauded as opening the school of science by the same people who demanded his dismissal two seasons later after being conned by the carpetbagger that the good times were just around the corner. Bottom line.
Yep, he looked the business to begin with and was ultimately found out by every other manager in the league, had no answer for it and things fell apart rapido.

Bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.