Roberto back in the goodison hotseat?

• Of course

Votes: 61 20.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 244 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Martinez,still do in fact. I understand that it went very wrong for him and a new owner coming in was bound to sack him, but he was a romantic concerning football and with the right players and someone to manage a strong defence, he would be tops. Hence he fits his current job like a glove,and will never return to Everton. The fact is he is very good at managing very good players, and is so positive it rubs off on everyone at a club/in a country. When his time in Belgium is up, he will not need to work ever again, but will continue to manage other countries around the world with his usual flair. He understands that football games are won by scoring more goals than the opposition. When circumstances at Everton forced him to reign in his natural desire to attack, he was done for. But he'll always be a crowd pleaser at international level. However, they absolutely loved him at Wigan, he lit up the whole town, and even though they were relegated he is still thought of with much affection(source...Wigan admin and reception staff 'We loved our little Roberto...would have him back in a flash and he's always welcome here.'
oh to be Wigan....

I predict if Roberto insisted on selecting Timmy Howard it would be is downfall when Timmy's no 2 was playing better than him at the time -I wonder if this was forced on him? but imo it got him the sack.......

Tim was a good Keeper in his early days, I don't deny that, but his last four years his star jumping increased he did not control his penalty area, He was glued to his line and it made the defence a shambles - he was awarded a lengthy contract at the age of 31 on one great game playing for the USA in the world cup imo he then for some reason became undroppable for us the amount of points and games he lost us is to long to list...
I still think he contributed to Roberto being sacked......
Roberto got us record prem points with loan players and not the cash we have now -compared since no one has come close to him as a Manager.....
I suspect push back from the Moyes crew would have surfaced over removal of TH he was a popular stalwart among the remaining Baines, Pienaar, Jags, Coleman, Osman block and with the phasing out of Distin signalling an intent to change it was an all or nothing situation. He needed to clear the deck of the lot en masse but the injury to Oviedo and the realisation Rom's signing was gonna exhaust what little monies the club had must have woke him up to the fact he needed to keep these fellas onside. Never gonna work - turkeys don't vote for xmas.

Been our best manager since Moyes, gave youth a chance always positive and respectful about the club. Very charismatic, would probably work better under a DOF as his signings (except Lukaku) were gash. However, still think hes below the quality we require so its a no from me.

I predict if Roberto insisted on selecting Timmy Howard it would be is downfall when Timmy's no 2 was playing better than him at the time -I wonder if this was forced on him? but imo it got him the sack.......

Tim was a good Keeper in his early days, I don't deny that, but his last four years his star jumping increased he did not control his penalty area, He was glued to his line and it made the defence a shambles - he was awarded a lengthy contract at the age of 31 on one great game playing for the USA in the world cup imo he then for some reason became undroppable for us the amount of points and games he lost us is to long to list...
Roberto got us record prem points with loan players and not the cash we have now -compared since no one has come close to him as a Manager.....
Joey unearthing a truffle here, TH did a lot of damage in his last two seasons. Tempting to lay the blame at the soles of Roberto's giant clown shoes, but Howard got old overnight. Not just obvious errors but completely undermined confidence at the back. One of those times where a ruthless decision needed to be made. (like Ferguson in fact made on Howard earlier in his career).

Have a look again at that great game in the World Cup Joey,lots of the saves were straight forward for 90%+ of keepers in the Prem and Championship. Lot of hype from the US media.

Have a look again at that great game in the World Cup Joey,lots of the saves were straight forward for 90%+ of keepers in the Prem and Championship. Lot of hype from the US media.
Yes it makes you wonder the Obama quotes from the USA, and Shearer's observations at the time is Tim dived low to early set his form backwards Roberto only played Robles if Tim was injured never dropped after many many mistakes - Robles kept clean sheets and maybe was not Mr perfect, but never got a proper run I predicted at the time it may cost Roberto his job .......

Status
Not open for further replies.