Roberto back in the goodison hotseat?

• Of course

Votes: 61 20.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 244 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That 3-3 draw with the RS made me think we where on to something good.

Even beating the big clubs last season didn't convince me of Silva.

If he hasn't learnt and evolved from his previous weaknesses I'd have him back.

I liked Martinez,still do in fact. I understand that it went very wrong for him and a new owner coming in was bound to sack him, but he was a romantic concerning football and with the right players and someone to manage a strong defence, he would be tops. Hence he fits his current job like a glove,and will never return to Everton. The fact is he is very good at managing very good players, and is so positive it rubs off on everyone at a club/in a country. When his time in Belgium is up, he will not need to work ever again, but will continue to manage other countries around the world with his usual flair. He understands that football games are won by scoring more goals than the opposition. When circumstances at Everton forced him to reign in his natural desire to attack, he was done for. But he'll always be a crowd pleaser at international level. However, they absolutely loved him at Wigan, he lit up the whole town, and even though they were relegated he is still thought of with much affection(source...Wigan admin and reception staff 'We loved our little Roberto...would have him back in a flash and he's always welcome here.'

That 3-3 draw with the RS made me think we where on to something good.

Even beating the big clubs last season didn't convince me of Silva.

If he hasn't learnt and evolved from his previous weaknesses I'd have him back.

The 3-3 with Bournemouth made me realise we were onto something bad. We had a number of games before that I. The season where the opposition just seemed to score whenever they wanted to. We were so bad at the back and only Silva has come close to that since .

I liked Martinez,still do in fact. I understand that it went very wrong for him and a new owner coming in was bound to sack him, but he was a romantic concerning football and with the right players and someone to manage a strong defence, he would be tops. Hence he fits his current job like a glove,and will never return to Everton. The fact is he is very good at managing very good players, and is so positive it rubs off on everyone at a club/in a country. When his time in Belgium is up, he will not need to work ever again, but will continue to manage other countries around the world with his usual flair. He understands that football games are won by scoring more goals than the opposition. When circumstances at Everton forced him to reign in his natural desire to attack, he was done for. But he'll always be a crowd pleaser at international level. However, they absolutely loved him at Wigan, he lit up the whole town, and even though they were relegated he is still thought of with much affection(source...Wigan admin and reception staff 'We loved our little Roberto...would have him back in a flash and he's always welcome here.'
His positively at everything was one of the things that grated with me.
We had some terrible displays under him but he would still display his positively. He gave players an easy time.
The great managers Ferguson and sorry have to include klopp say it as they find it. They are not afraid to call players out if they have been rubbish. Martinez didn't do that. In fact one of the reasons Silva worries me is because he is the same.
Hate hearing both of them.being interviewed Martinez with his phenomenal and Silva with his moments

The 3-3 with Bournemouth made me realise we were onto something bad. We had a number of games before that I. The season where the opposition just seemed to score whenever they wanted to. We were so bad at the back and only Silva has come close to that since .

Yeah he had to go and it was the right thing, not willing to address issues was a problem.

I feel he has realised that, in the last world cup I remember thinking he needs to bring Fellaini on and forget about his philosophy be more direct etc but he won't.

Guess what, he did and Fellaini scored.

3B1F35EC-9C8E-4861-B60D-341FAEFDD407.jpeg

Course he did. It's all down to Henry. Lol.

Do you always have to be so obnoxious towards people who dont agree with you?

I'm happy for you to have your opinion. I'm basing mine on what a producer of the Flemish TV coverage of the world cup told me. Maybe hes wrong but I don't feel the need to be condescending in contrasting it to your position.

Worst home record in our entire history, two bottom half finishes with one of the best strikers in the prem in the team. Preferred Kone and Cleverley on the wings to Deulofeu and Mirallas. Spent tens of millions of our money on Alcaraz Robles Kone Cleverley McGeady Atsu. Got absolutely dismantled by Liverpool twice. No me gusta.

I predict if Roberto insisted on selecting Timmy Howard it would be is downfall when Timmy's no 2 was playing better than him at the time -I wonder if this was forced on him? but imo it got him the sack.......

Tim was a good Keeper in his early days, I don't deny that, but his last four years his star jumping increased he did not control his penalty area, He was glued to his line and it made the defence a shambles - he was awarded a lengthy contract at the age of 31 on one great game playing for the USA in the world cup imo he then for some reason became undroppable for us the amount of points and games he lost us is to long to list...
I still think he contributed to Roberto being sacked......
Roberto got us record prem points with loan players and not the cash we have now -compared since no one has come close to him as a Manager.....

Status
Not open for further replies.