Would you rather...

• Finish 17th and win a trophy

• Finish 5th and win nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri

Player Valuation: £70m
Just wondering. You could argue this season still has the potential to be better than last.

Avoiding relegation and winning the FA Cup/Europa League would be fine by me at this point, NEA. You don't get a 5th placed trophy.*

*not that we've got a chance of finishing 5th again, but you know what I mean.

I'd rather finish 17th and win a trophy all day long by the way, no debate.

Just wondering whether these people who believe in the dwindling prestige and value of the FA Cup disagree.

I don't understand these vote. Is that mean doing sh1te in the league will win you a cup or something?

No, just wondering what value people place on league position compared to trophies.

Deffo fingers as long as my legs, by the way. That'd actually be useful.

No, just wondering what value people place on league position compared to trophies.

Deffo fingers as long as my legs, by the way. That'd actually be useful.
Apart from when you were trying to pick your nose like.

I'm old enough to remember this club winning trophies in the '80s.

I'm also wise enough to know that winning the FA cup whilst finishing 17th is not as useful to this club as coming 5th is. The gulf in prize money, and the prestige of being viewed as a "top 6" club, are too important in terms of buying new players.

If it's the Europa League trophy I would give it more thought.... but ultimately, if we're only good enough to finish 17th in the Prem then qualifying for the Champion's League is not going to help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.