Votes: 31 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 32 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zirc

Player Valuation: £40m
Simple hypothetical. If Everton had won a League Cup in the past ten years, would that change your opinion on the job Moyes' has done?

I ask this because when we try and compare ourselves to other clubs over his tenure, the ones that are seen as more successful on similar resources generally are seen as so because they've won one League Cup. So what I want to know is, if Moyes had won the LC at some point, would those who want him gone be in favor of keeping him?

Also, would it change your opinion if we win the FA Cup this year?

Yes, my biggest criticism of him is that he bottles it and goes into his shell when it would serve us better to come out fighting. That last step is the biggest and it's one you need a lot of self belief and a bit of cavalier to make.

I'm not sure he has it and that means the best you'll be is nearly men which is what most outside of ourselves view us as.

It's not a case of wanting him going, it's the fact he wants to go.

But I don't think it'll persuade people he should stay if he won a league cup. It'd mean he won something, and more than likely be off anyway.

No. And I don't want him gone, per se, I'd just like him to be a little less defensive in his tactics and subs.

Yeah it would.

I'd kill to win that cup (hope Brian isn't reading this).

It's the easiest one to bloody win but we rarely even get close.

I'm pretty sure we will never win it.

For me 1 league cup and nothing else in 11 years is still a pretty poor record. I don't want him gone (but not because I think he's a great manager) but if I did it wouldn't change my mind.

No, he's done a magnificent job to keep Everton competitive and respected in an era when we cant compete financially with not only Chelsea, the Manchester club, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal but also Stoke, QPR, Fulham, Sunderland and Aston Villa

To say Moyes bottles it in the big games seems to be the buzz phrase these days - to be honest i dont even know what it means. ANother way to look at it is to say that he never has the options on the bench to be able to influence a game - if that is his biggest crime then its hardly his doing is it

Lets see where Swansea are in 2 years never mind 5 years - no doubt they will follow the same path trodden by Birmingham, Leicester, Portsmouth, Middlesboro - all who have had good cup runs. I know what I'd prefer my team to do

Why is the question about the League Cup and not the FA Cup?

Is this to imply that the League Cup is somehow easier to win?

If so how come we've never won it in its 53 year history, whereas we've won the FA Cup 5 times and been in countless finals?

Why is the question about the League Cup and not the FA Cup?

Is this to imply that the League Cup is somehow easier to win?

If so how come we've never won it in its 53 year history, whereas we've won the FA Cup 5 times and been in countless finals?
Look at what teams have won the league cup and what have won the FA Cup in the past decade. League Cup is most certainly easier to win.

No, he's done a magnificent job to keep Everton competitive and respected in an era when we cant compete financially with not only Chelsea, the Manchester club, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal but also Stoke, QPR, Fulham, Sunderland and Aston Villa

To say Moyes bottles it in the big games seems to be the buzz phrase these days - to be honest i dont even know what it means. ANother way to look at it is to say that he never has the options on the bench to be able to influence a game - if that is his biggest crime then its hardly his doing is it

Lets see where Swansea are in 2 years never mind 5 years - no doubt they will follow the same path trodden by Birmingham, Leicester, Portsmouth, Middlesboro - all who have had good cup runs. I know what I'd prefer my team to do

A cup run and league finishes aren't tied in together. Both can be achieved.

A cup run and league finishes aren't tied in together. Both can be achieved.

i'm not saying they cant but people tend to say that even Portsmouth/Birmingham have won a cup, yes but at what cost ?

Mind you our small squad does make it difficult - we have used the fewest players and seem to be running on empty despite going out of the league cup at an early stage

i'm not saying they cant but people tend to say that even Portsmouth/Birmingham have won a cup, yes but at what cost ?

Mind you our small squad does make it difficult - we have used the fewest players and seem to be running on empty despite going out of the league cup at an early stage

The manager has a squad but doesn't use it. He has not got faith in his own squad thats why the players seem to be running on empty. Don't know why they are running on empty surely they are professional athletes who should be able to put up with a season of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.