Worst team in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think being an Evertonian is bad, just remember Newcastle exist. Although they did finish second a couple of times since 1995. The Newcastle fans I know always roll their eyes at me for getting mad about us being 11th.

I'm immensely annoyed about Chelsea but I've seen far, far worse seasons. I have my issues with Martinez, but the mid-to-late '90s were some horrible times.

No,but we are one of the most frustrating teams to follow,the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in my forty odd years following them is always seeemingly in our grasp,only to be snatched away,doh!still love the buggers though!

I may have been crazily drunk when I started this thread, but seems like nobody has provided an answer to what I asked!

No chance are we the worst team since 95.

I must admit this season has been the most frustrating so FAR. I count the Smith years in that. I just prayed we would stay up then. This year it's been really hard watching us play great football and seldom winning. I know that sounds crazy but maybe it's because i fear we have a certain window of time before all our good players leave.

When we get back to the days where stuff like Gareth Farrelly scoring against Coventry is the highlight of the season then you'll have a point. In fact take a look at what's happened at Coventry since then as an example of how bad it can easily get.

Going by the logic of this thread if Everton had got relegated twice and then finished 2nd in League 1 to get back into the Championship and stayed there then the last 20 years would have been better - A top 3 finish in their respective league.

It feels like euphoria is always swiftly followed by crushing depression. We've taken that to another level this year with what happened against Bournemouth and Chelsea...

Season we finished 4th was as good as it's felt for me then that got ruined by what happened in Istanbul a few weeks later.

Beating United in the semi final was good but then we got badly outplayed by Chelsea.

Any joy always seems to be taken away.
Should have been born earlier then shouldn't you,it's all your own fault

......if you lived through the Wimbledon and Coventry games when we were within a whisker of dropping out of the division you will know how good it is to support this great club. We've spent longer in the top flight than any other club and that's where any supporter wants their team to be.
I was at the Coventry game. Only time I've ever cried at an Everton match.

Are we the worst team in the world to support? It feels like it sometimes.

How many teams have since 1995 have:

Not won anything. Or
Not finished in the top 3 of their division.

I'll be surprised if there are a lot of teams who have managed that..
Mate I have been a blue since I was born 61 years ago My late father who was also born a blue always stated we were an unlucky team and the L in Liverpool FC = LUCK - so yes you do grow older quicker watching the blues just look at our ban in Europe!
Who caused that?

Anyone complaining about the Everton of today should just remember the heady days of the Mike Walker era

*shudders

I don't get this though, why as Evertonians do we look to that era as some sort of litmus test?

I think we should all be looking at being the best and maybe as a club we would progress. I am probably wrong but sometimes I feel like half of our fans are happy with these lows?

Status
Not open for further replies.