Worst Squad in 12 Years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly mate you're chatting bilge "No doubt about it" Lol. "which bit do you not understand" hahaha.

There's a good squad there, it should be much higher up the table.

If you're prone to making cringey cries for help after each adverse result then it's probably best you leave the Everton alone for a bit, and concentrate on your local team.

That's fine. You keep kidding yourself.

The facts are that this group of players have just overseen the worst home record in Everton's ENTIRE history. Worse than 1994, worse than 1998. It's a fact that our form over the past two years has never been as bad since the Walter Smith years. These are facts that cannot be argued with.

But don't worry, you and Davek can tell us all how great everything is, and how 'entitled' we are for wanting to halt the abundantly clear regression in quality that we have endured over the past two years. I guess recognising the two aforementioned facts makes me a Geordie or something?

The squad is fine, its rammed full of quality players.

Ive been saying for weeks, dont judge these players whilst they play for a fraud, judge them on their best games.

We have some amazingly talented players currently getting ruined by a man that thinks shape is something you do at a concert, the utter clown.

Mume Besic is possibly the finest player of his generation and was kept out the side today by a footballing goose.
Ross Barkleys confidence has been shattered by utter mutants like this @Dymak playing FIFA all day instead of chasing girls.

Hope we give Martinez another 5 years, cos when he takes us to League Two, some of our fans will be where they belong.

Not sure I can agree with the bold bit.

But for sure. We are a group of individuals.

When you're a group of individuals there is no team.

Hence a need for a culture change in the dressing room. That starts with the manager.

Seriously though mate well done. You really know you're stuff.

You must be well chuffed otherwise I'm not sure why you go on about it so much.

If I do go on about it, it's because people are still deluding themselves into thinking we have a great set-up.

I don't agree. I think our midfield is awful. I think our defence is poor.

we need better coaches what the hell Duncan Ferguson is doing there says it all has been.

The facts are that this group of players have just overseen the worst home record in Everton's ENTIRE history. Worse than 1994, worse than 1998. It's a fact that our form over the past two years has not been as bad since the Walter Smith years. These are facts that cannot be argued with.

But don't worry, you and Davek can tell us all how great everything is, and how 'entitled' we are for wanting to halt the abundantly clear regression in quality that we have endured over the past two years. I guess recognising the two aforementioned facts makes me a Geordie or something?

You say squad, yet Arouna Kone has played around 30 games whilst Kevin Mirallas sits on the bench
Tom Cleverley has played whenever fit but Mume Besic has sat on the bench
Geri is so unfit he cant play more than 20minutes without being given mouth to mouth

The squad is fine, the tactics and team selection STINK.

The facts are that this group of players have just overseen the worst home record in Everton's ENTIRE history. Worse than 1994, worse than 1998. It's a fact that our form over the past two years has not been as bad since the Walter Smith years. These are facts that cannot be argued with.

No mate not at all. Just a cry arsing tithead who takes out his personal frustrations on here via the medium of Everton but usually gets piped down because he has issues with general dullness.

Actually not too dissimilar to a Geordie but I'll be kind and leave it at the above.

There's loads more disagreeing with your assessment too mate.

Hint: you may have got this wrong, again.

Most overrated bunch of players we've ever had. Mismanagement is only part of the reason, these players are genuinely not as good as we think they are.

Rom excepted. And personally I can't blame him for sounding out a move elsewhere.
Lukaku is nowhere near as good as he believes himself to be mate,not a team player for me and it's all about him in his own world.

Ability wise this squad is probably better than anything in the last 12 years. As far as heart and bottle goes, they are absolute cowards. When you rely on a spine of Stones, Barkley and Lukaku then you haven't got a chance. Far too inconsistent and lacking any kind of fight when things get rough.

Makes me laugh, saw a tweet today, something like "I would sell John Stones for 50m as soon as the window opens, hes rubbish"

Yes mate, rubbish players normally command a 50m price tag.

Waits for Sterling, David Luis and Torres shouts.

No mate not at all. Just a cry arsing tithead who takes out his personal frustrations on here via the medium of Everton but usually gets piped down because he has issues with general dullness.

Actually not too dissimilar to a Geordie but I'll be kind and leave it at the above.

There's loads more disagreeing with your assessment too mate.

Hint: you may have got this wrong, again.

You say 'No mate, not at all', but you can't argue with the facts. Our form hasn't been as poor as it has been over the last two years since the Walter Smith years. The fact that you say 'No mate, not at all' and then come out with a load of irrelevant and inaccurate jibberish makes no difference to our unfortunate reality.

And dullness? If only I had your ever so hilarious but rather repetitive repertoire of Year 9 playground comedy routines.

You say 'No mate, not at all', but you can't argue with the facts. Our form hasn't been as poor as it has been over the last two years since the Walter Smith years. The fact that you say 'No mate, not at all' and then come out with a load of irrelevant and inaccurate jibberish makes no difference to our unfortunate reality.

And dullness? If only I had your hilarious but repetitive repertoire of Year 9 playground comedy routines.
There you go mate. Dullness and poor assessment leading to hysterical outcomes, quite your forte.

Obviously ignoring plenty of others calling out the incorrect statement you made as the title of this thread.

We finished 17th under Moyes with less points and that was subsequent to the Smith years for another point. So clearly we've had poorer form since then.

Do you see your hyperbolic conclusions yet?

Sorry about you mate, it's something you seemingly can't help.

The midfield is AWFUL. The defence is CRAP. Our strikers are good. Barkley is providing Cahill level goal returns aged 22, he has it and will only get better. Lukaku is our greatest striker in decades, but he clearly doesn't want to be here and will be gone in the summer.

The task facing our new manager is massive. The squad is in disarray and needs a massive overhaul if we actually want to achieve anything.

The point of this thread is that people need to wake up to how bad we are. Deluding yourselves into thinking that we are a gang of phenomenal entertainers is a symptom of Martinez' failed tenure. The squad isn't the greatest in 30 years, it's the poorest in 12 years!

72 points though. Checkmate. Close thread.

There is a group of decent players there, but for their performances in the last few games any of them could GTF out of the club for me, spineless.

If you have played football at any kind of level,you can see it in them and have probably played against or in teams in a similar state. There is absolutely no way this squad should stay together, the reek of nothingness.

Status
Not open for further replies.