Worst referee

….Keith Hackett - was in the Anfield Rd when Pat Nevin was hacked across the knee near the 6 yard box. 100% stonewall penalty. Looked across to Hackett who waved play on. Hackett went on to become referee’s supremo.
Was it Neil Midgely who was the ref that afternoon? He should also have sent McMahon off for his "tackle" on John Ebbrell, the only bit of justice served was that McMahon injured himself in the process and had to be carried off, they should have been down to 10 though.

On the other end, I always thought Phil dowd was one of the better refs. Just read he has been diagnosed with Parkinsons.

I was at the Marriott for a do once and a few of the managers / ex players were meeting up before the weekend. Peter Reid, Niall Quinn, Allardyce I think and a few others were there along with two refs. Phil Dowd and I think Clatt the rat.

Someone mentioned that one of the refs had a personalised reg on their car that said something like "Big Man".

Pretty sure it was Dowd. Sums up refs ego really

I was at the Marriott for a do once and a few of the managers / ex players were meeting up before the weekend. Peter Reid, Niall Quinn, Allardyce I think and a few others were there along with two refs. Phil Dowd and I think Clatt the rat.

Someone mentioned that one of the refs had a personalised reg on their car that said something like "Big Man".

Pretty sure it was Dowd. Sums up refs ego really
I think it was clattenberg:

He made headlines for owning a Porsche Boxster that was vandalised outside his home in Newcastle and a black BMW X5 that carried the personalised number plate C19TTS (Clatts).

Most of them are idiots but Clattenburg is the only one, with the possible exception of Collina, that I’ve been convinced that a referee was on the take.

The sheer amount of unfathomable decisions he made in that one match was beyond the pale, and the fact that the PGMOL didn’t let him near an Everton match for like another decade after was just the final insult.

One of the worst refereeing displays I've seen was Tony Ward vs Oldham in a Fa cup replay at Goodison. Some incredible decisions given against us, crowd got very angry that night.

From the past - Thomas, collina, clattenberg, Poll, Rennie - all fancied themselves far too much and I’m certain we’re on the take.

Current set who are shocking - taylor, Oliver, Hooper, Tierney, pawson, Attwell, coote. I’ve missed some.

Decent refs.

Andy Madley - reffed the derby well and fairly.

Kavanagh - don’t seem to notice many howlers from him.

Really like the Greek Lino, Con Hatzidakid, who elbowed rat face Robertson at Mordor - best thing I’ve ever seen an official do.