Wools - Why are you an Evertonian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn’t do replica kits when I was a kid. I was just getting into footie and was bought a generic blue football shirt. Someone told me it looked like Everton and they were a good team because they’d just won the league (69/70). Done.

One big error Rainhill is St Helens and as wool as I am, even Whiston and Prescot is dubious Mushroom territory.

I've know loads from Prescot and Whiston over the years and they usually try to pass themselves off as Scousers despite coming from far closer to St Helens than Liverpool, and some come into the town banging on about 'wools' when they are only plakky Scousers themselves at best.

I've know loads from Prescot and Whiston over the years and they usually try to pass themselves off as Scousers despite coming from far closer to St Helens than Liverpool, and some come into the town banging on about 'wools' when they are only plakky Scousers themselves at best.

The desperation to be scouse with these lot has always tickled me. Should go to a Cables game, full of little ketwig bag head kids with the most exaggerated accent you’ve ever heard. Lads, your local derby is Widnes.

Born in south Cheshire so aside from the local cloggers The Alex the main four northwest sides were Merseyside blue, Merseyside red and those manc gits.

I liked the colour blue so Everton chose me. That was around ‘85/86 when Everton merch was quite prevalent. Then I kinda fell away from football between about 98 and 2005. It was only when I moved down south and moved in with a bloke with sky sports I started watching again and being a dyed in the WOOL armchair toffee. Would love to get up to see a game in the old girl before she goes though.

My uncle and aunt lived on Merseyside and I often spent holidays with them, and so associated the scouse accent with pleasant memories; when I started to be interested in football Roy Vernon, who was Welsh, was one of Everton's best players so I decided to follow the Blues.

Lived in Peterborough at the time of the 1966 world cup final. A certain Alan Ball mesmerised an 8 yr old football mad kid
The rest is history

Coming from St Helens I was born into a mainly rugby league loving family so Everton wasn't exactly pushed on me as a child, however, when I was 7 and first got into football, my three best mates at the time all supported the other lot so being a rebellious little so and so I chose Everton just to be different to them. That's how this 'wool' started following the club.

That was 1983 and with the glory years just around the corner, there was a lot worse times to become an Evertonian.

Went to my first game in 84 and have had a season ticket 25 years now and will have one for the rest of my life.
What part of the ground do you sit in?

Status
Not open for further replies.