wonder how close we were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teppic

Player Valuation: £50m
news breaking that deals for riquelme, appiah and mordic all collapsed last night. i wonder how close we really were to any of the signatures. i'm sure riquelme would have made most of the money back with a 'beckham effect'.

lot's of shirts with his name being sold, full house for every game.

i guess we will never find out the truth. although we can all guess. $$$$$$$$!

I can't see it being money, as we had the money for Fernandes, I would say it was the player seeing the club as not one of the big 4.

I would have loved to see one or two new faces when I went to the OS this morning, but I'm not too disappointed with them not showing either.

A few years ago if we were linked to a player like Riquelme most fans would have said that it was a fantasydream. But now it looked more realistic.. even if he didn't sign. THAT is a big testament to how we have improved over these last years. We have shown we can compete up there and players have noticed that. Now if we just can do it season after season.. avoid these pitfalls we fall into every other season I think more established and wellknown players would feel interested in joining us, since we'll be a club reaching Europe more often than not and having a shot at the CL competition as well.

We're taking small steps.. but we're reaching places fairly quickly with those small steps.

I can't see it being money, as we had the money for Fernandes, I would say it was the player seeing the club as not one of the big 4.

I thought he hated playing for the big clubs, and rather prefers to prove himself at the middle tier clubs.

Appiah = not very close
Fernandes = Nailed on till the definite offer of CL football came his way(plus his agent didn't have to give up ownership rights)
Riquelme = Closer than anyone except Athletico Madrid, but the deciding factor I believe was the Weather. He likes the sun and didn't want a move to ANY English club(from what I believe he is a very private person and the British media bastards were a big no no for him).
Lucho = Don't know

Just thoughts.

Appiah = not very close
Fernandes = Nailed on till the definite offer of CL football came his way(plus his agent didn't have to give up ownership rights)
Riquelme = Closer than anyone except Athletico Madrid, but the deciding factor I believe was the Weather. He likes the sun and didn't want a move to ANY English club(from what I believe he is a very private person and the British media bastards were a big no no for him).
Lucho = Don't know

Just thoughts.

I heard that this morning Gaz, it was that close. Well done to the board for trying so hard and for having the imagination;) ;)

With the previous talk of him wanting to go back to Boca did not feel that he really wanted to come here but must admit with the 2 argies over the way it might have swung it to have some mates. Perhaps they do not like each other! Roll on January for the next round of speculation.

Uh, let's also not forget that Moyes has 12M burning a hole in his pocket come January. Hopefully, he won't need to use it.

Why do you say that? That is an awful defeatest attitude. Come on were all happy realists here.

If you don't think he will see a penny of it then please give your reasons.

Is he Garry in disguise, a few Lee posts have been totally negative;)

Status
Not open for further replies.