Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you’re biased against Keane, but this makes it seems as though you didn’t even watch the match.

"Biased against Keane" ?

Or, I can assess a players strengths and weaknesses.

"Didnt watch the match" ?

I watched the full game this morning.

Other than the headed goal, I dont feel Keane was as dynamic as Doucoure, Iwobi or Mina.

Its really quite simple.

"Biased against Keane" ?

Or, I can assess a players strengths and weaknesses.

"Didnt watch the match" ?

I watched the full game this morning.

Other than the headed goal, I dont feel Keane was as dynamic as Doucoure, Iwobi or Mina.

Its really quite simple.

Well I thought Keane had a storming match. Calm, positive in what he did, did not commit silly fouls (not like Mina who could have been pinging for clattering a Wolves player with his elbow) and, in my opinion, showed excellent leadership qualities unlike the one with armband.

My MoM

....my ‘pre-match selection fume = post-match contentment’ theory was proven again. Amazing how often posters are up in arms regarding team selection then delighted when we get a result. I’m not criticising anybody, just pointing out something that often occurs, just as we often get beat when folk are chuffed when a team is announced.

Last night’s outcome was unexpected (for me) but it was a terrific performance. Ancelotti talks about ‘spirit’ & ‘attitude’ more than quality and I understand that. i’ve criticised Ancelotti for not making us harder to beat, I must praise him now.

It was at least a 7/10 performance from all but I’d highlight Mina, Godfrey & Keane for greater scores. I thought they were outstanding & I’d have probably gone for Mina as MoM had it not been for Keane’s soaring header.

Godfrey has to play CB but Mina/Keane can’t be dropped. I think Godfrey will have to wait his turn & take his chance when injury or suspension allows. He puts on those afterburners and produces acceleration we really need in central defence. Digne is so important to the team, Ancelotti now has to decide what to do at LB. it’s a nice problem.

Well done Toffees.

Keane was MOM for me and he had some really good forward passes that opened up Wolves defence. They all put in a good shift. Thought Godfrey could have done better when Wolves scored, but he will learn. Has a blistering pace! Glad so see Mina started again must be the longest run he have had since joining Everton?

The quality of the first goal though. . . A beautiful moment, cross field pass, wonderful play by Digne to pick out the oncoming midfielder , and you couldn't wish for a better strike,/pass into the net. Many a player would blast that for a conversion.
NSNO

....my ‘pre-match selection fume = post-match contentment’ theory was proven again. Amazing how often posters are up in arms regarding team selection then delighted when we get a result. I’m not criticising anybody, just pointing out something that often occurs, just as we often get beat when folk are chuffed when a team is announced.

Last night’s outcome was unexpected (for me) but it was a terrific performance. Ancelotti talks about ‘spirit’ & ‘attitude’ more than quality and I understand that. i’ve criticised Ancelotti for not making us harder to beat, I must praise him now.

It was at least a 7/10 performance from all but I’d highlight Mina, Godfrey & Keane for greater scores. I thought they were outstanding & I’d have probably gone for Mina as MoM had it not been for Keane’s soaring header.

Godfrey has to play CB but Mina/Keane can’t be dropped. I think Godfrey will have to wait his turn & take his chance when injury or suspension allows. He puts on those afterburners and produces acceleration we really need in central defence. Digne is so important to the team, Ancelotti now has to decide what to do at LB. it’s a nice problem.

Well done Toffees.
The thing is because of the uncertainty about Pickford in the air we sit quite deep, so pace at the back isn't currently a problem. I agree with you though, if we get a better goalie and push further up the pitch we will need a fast centre back and that should be Godfrey. Not sure where that leaves Holgate?

Status
Not open for further replies.