Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is because of the uncertainty about Pickford in the air we sit quite deep, so pace at the back isn't currently a problem. I agree with you though, if we get a better goalie and push further up the pitch we will need a fast centre back and that should be Godfrey. Not sure where that leaves Holgate?

...I don’t think we sit deep because of Pickford but even when we do it’s useful to have those afterburners. I don’t think we’ll suddenly revert to defending with a high-line, but having that acceleration helps sweep the width of the pitch.

...I don’t think we sit deep because of Pickford but even when we do it’s useful to have those afterburners. I don’t think we’ll suddenly revert to defending with a high-line, but having that acceleration helps sweep the width of the pitch.
Interesting. Why do you think we sit deep then? For Ancelotti's earlier games we were higher, Pickford dropped a few and then we sat deeper, at least that's how I saw it.

The thing is because of the uncertainty about Pickford in the air we sit quite deep, so pace at the back isn't currently a problem. I agree with you though, if we get a better goalie and push further up the pitch we will need a fast centre back and that should be Godfrey. Not sure where that leaves Holgate?
I don’t think we’ll be getting a new GK because I honestly don’t think Carlo sees it as a priority.
im also not so sure that’s why we defend set pieces the way we do.

Interesting. Why do you think we sit deep then? For Ancelotti's earlier games we were higher, Pickford dropped a few and then we sat deeper, at least that's how I saw it.

...it could be a culmination of reasons rather than just one. In a way, Pickford having more space might actually help him but we surround him even when defending free kicks. He struggles with the physicality of challenge, but it’s an interesting theory you raise.

1 point of second place Liverpool with February coming in hot.

I canor speeerk

Even after winning the first four and drawing with the RS if you offered us 2 points of second and 4 of first we would have been delighted even then.

kill me right now

Might not even watch it after seeing that lineup to be honest

What the hell is that

What in the hell is that

Quite simply, wow.

What the hell is that

Siggy as striker?

I think I just threw up in my mouth looking at that line up lol

There’s always the next game.

Literally no attacking threat in that team.

Disgraceful that.

Genuinely up there with the Newcastle team selection.

Why are we playing so defensively and have no striker?

Awful line-up, that.

That's abysmal.

Just scrap our academy btw.

What is that team? Now heading out to find a cliff I can launch myself off

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.