Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made up with the win, seems all the better for the attacking line up we had to start with.

Some of our attacks in the early stages of the first half I thought were the best we'd tried in weeks, it must've been the intelligence of Rodriguez, his interplay with those around him was thought out. This is why stats are overrated, they don't tell you the whole story, almost everything he did he did well. If we'd had a proper striker up front that would've been a much more comfortable win.

As a unit and individually I thought the defence was poor first half, anxiety ridden. The goal we conceded was poor.

I went with Iwobi as MotM, I guess Keane was overlooked by me because he has been consistently good for a while now.

I cringed when I saw the starting line up without a recognised striker but I wasn't without hope - I put that down to us having a genuinely world class manager.

Was great to see us start a game with the players showing some intensity and actually sprinting to close down. First time in quite a while we've done that.

comparison 2013 and now

1610495186332.png

Keane should be captain next season. We have four fantastic centre backs I must say, just can't figure out what our best two would be in a first eleven. I'd probably mean towards Holgate and Keane

Him sitting at the base/centre of the three flanked by Allan and Doucoure?

Magic.

Never happening, like, but the lad is a superb player.

No Tom Davies, though.
I just don't really rate him. I think he's Schneiderlin with a great shot and slightly better ability to hit long range passes. Maybe he'd be great but he feels like a player who has great moments that people see and it hides that he's often not doing a ton.

Now I have to say I checked some stats real quick and it does look like he's taken his forward passing up a notch this year so who knows. I don't watch Wolves often because they're too boring.

I just don't really rate him. I think he's Schneiderlin with a great shot and slightly better ability to hit long range passes. Maybe he'd be great but he feels like a player who has great moments that people see and it hides that he's often not doing a ton.

Now I have to say I checked some stats real quick and it does look like he's taken his forward passing up a notch this year so who knows. I don't watch Wolves often because they're too boring.

He's been in and out this year. Having Dendoncker next to him is a big part but they just miss Jimenez so much.

Neves is a boss player but do understand the 'highlights' package thing.

He wouldn't be out of place at City, though, in that holding role. A proper deep-lying playmaker. He does always play well against us, mind.

He's been in and out this year. Having Dendoncker next to him is a big part but they just miss Jimenez so much.

Neves is a boss player but do understand the 'highlights' package thing.

He wouldn't be out of place at City, though, in that holding role. A proper deep-lying playmaker. He does always play well against us, mind.
Other problem obviously is price. Wolves would get wild with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.