Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi was class first half best player on the pitch. Overall though Digne just edged man of the match for me the guy broke bones and done his ligaments 6 weeks ago. Went an bought a machine that is probably bigger than most our houses and is back in half the time he should of been unbelievable
Iwobi is growing into this side now and is looking decent. Think he will only get better with more games. Still inconsistent but is starting to add to the team.

I have MOTM to Godfrey, I thought he was excellent against Neto who looks a player. There was a moment in the 2nd half right before Neto got brought down by Doucouré when he tried to knock it past Godfrey. Godfrey just turned on the afterburners and the camera went on Neto and you could see his frustration at trying to get past him. Next time he got the ball he cut inside so he didn’t have to take Godfrey on and Doucouré made him regret it
His turn of pace is Ratcliffe level. Liking him a lot.

That warm fuzzy feeling is back. James really wanted the win tonight and was committed all game. Great three points. Biggest win since spurs away first day of season for me. Please let the game on Sunday go ahead on Sunday, three more points and a win for United will do just fine.

Re: Gomes: up until that cross I thought he was poor. He made his first Gomes Stupid Foul, got shouldered off the ball a couple of times, and completed several passes back to the CB he got the ball from.

Gomes had one moment of brilliance and Davies had one moment of disaster, but otherwise I thought Davies better.

I saw this in my Twitter feed:

Davies has now had an error leading to goal in each of the last two games, but in the core function of being in the middle of the park I trust him more than Gomes.

Of course that's like preferring to rub my nuts with ground glass instead of sandpaper. YMMV.

Prior to the cross, Gomes was poor? To my recollection, he'd defended well and also made a nice pass into the box in his first 5 minutes on the pitch.

Oh, well. To each his own.

The point is Davies didn't mean to put it out for a corner. He literally fell over his own feet and kicked the ball against himself.

If he had meant to put it out for a corner, fine, but he didn't. Hence, an error. It's pretty simple.

After that the defending was poor.

Anyway, great win. Gritty performance. Well chuffed. Davies improved in as the game went on.
Doucoure made the error. Putting the ball out for a corner is just not an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.