Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have MOTM to Godfrey, I thought he was excellent against Neto who looks a player. There was a moment in the 2nd half right before Neto got brought down by Doucouré when he tried to knock it past Godfrey. Godfrey just turned on the afterburners and the camera went on Neto and you could see his frustration at trying to get past him. Next time he got the ball he cut inside so he didn’t have to take Godfrey on and Doucouré made him regret it

Nuno Espirito Santo MOTD Interview

CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

As expected, very tight game, thank goodness Carlo brought Gomes on for Davies. He would have passed back to the keeper instead of crossing for the winner! We're this year's Sheffield United, nicking lots of close games. Fingers crossed for better luck with injuries in the 2nd half of the season, and that we can get another attacker in.

As expected, very tight game, thank goodness Carlo brought Gomes on for Davies. He would have passed back to the keeper instead of crossing for the winner! We're this year's Sheffield United, nicking lots of close games. Fingers crossed for better luck with injuries in the 2nd half of the season, and that we can get another attacker in.
Let’s hope next season we aren’t this year’s Sheffield United :oops:

Wolves were poor today, if I were a Wolves fan I'd be sick. We played well but a better side on the day could have had us.

Although I thought Neto might have been the best player on the pitch for much of the game
Like Michael Keane said. We stayed organised and we know a chance will come our way. If Coleman and Digne played as full backs today then I would say we would have got beat but we now have a solid defence all down to the injuries we have picked up this season. We have found different ways to approach games when we are blighted with injuries which will see us more team like. Now Carlo has to find the happy medium between defensive solidity and attack. Thought he pulled a masterstroke tonight with Godfrey and Digne on the left

Considering the starting eleven I thought it looked like the players carried out the managers instructions pretty much as he would have required, excellent team performance,yep Keane motm for me, only negative, Siguurdsonn,yeah I get he was playing a role alien to him,but the bare minimum we ask is 100% effort which the rest put in,up the toffs.

Would never have expected that performance given the lineup.

Big Mick with the winner but fair play to Gomes (who I rarely enjoy). Massive difference he made in a short time on the pitch. Great team win. UTFT!!

Re: Gomes: up until that cross I thought he was poor. He made his first Gomes Stupid Foul, got shouldered off the ball a couple of times, and completed several passes back to the CB he got the ball from.

Gomes had one moment of brilliance and Davies had one moment of disaster, but otherwise I thought Davies better.

I saw this in my Twitter feed:

Davies has now had an error leading to goal in each of the last two games, but in the core function of being in the middle of the park I trust him more than Gomes.

Of course that's like preferring to rub my nuts with ground glass instead of sandpaper. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.