Wolfsburg away details

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone should go on the Wolfsburg fans forum and tell them the truth about Lille,incase they believe all thts been written
Thought about that, but couldn't find it mentioned or discussed anywhere (maybe you know?)
One of the comments below (german version) is talking positive on the Evertonians
The article is from a few days ago, so I see no sense to comment now.
Directly after Lille there was something posted on a fb page called "La Familia Wolfsburg" that I commented,
but at the end, they have nearly no traffic on all of their sites, so it was just a little dialog with one of them.

the quality of the tickets for our end is terrible, probably be loads of jarg ones going around there that easy to copy

Why would you print jarg ones there only 19 euro to buy direct from Wolfsburg and much better than the Lille ones and no probs there !

Staying at the City Journal hotel in Wolfsburg on Thursday night, less than a mile from the ground.

Looks a bit of a dead place though and hardly anywhere to go for a drink before, during and after?

It
Staying at the City Journal hotel in Wolfsburg on Thursday night, less than a mile from the ground.

Looks a bit of a dead place though and hardly anywhere to go for a drink before, during and after?
its a city built around a factory. Like going to Skem or Milton Keynes.

Seems that way Howards (Howard's Way - oh the painful memories...).

But must be somewhere we can congregate, surely?

Altes Brauhaus looks good, but it's a couple of miles west - in the opposite direction.

Don't want to get marooned there and it closes at midnight, so not much chance to party afterwards either...

Anyone got any other suggestions, apart from some plastic so-called Irish Bar?

Seems that way Howards (Howard's Way - oh the painful memories...).

But must be somewhere we can congregate, surely?

Altes Brauhaus looks good, but it's a couple of miles west - in the opposite direction.

Don't want to get marooned there and it closes at midnight, so not much chance to party afterwards either...

Anyone got any other suggestions, apart from some plastic so-called Irish Bar?

You are staying at the City Journal, that's pretty much THE area for bars.....not saying much I know....but no point going on a wild goose chase for better options when they are right on your doorstep.Near your hotel are some pedestrian-only streets that have several pubs.

I weighed up the pros and cons of staying in Wolfsburg as opposed to train back to Berlin after the match, Wolfsburg for me. (Not much of a mad pisshead/clubber, few beers and a decent bite to eat is ok for me)

Tuesday and Wednesday mate.
Hamburg's great for bars as u can imagine, went there with the Nuremberg lads when they played Hamburg away the last 2 seasons. Mainly drank in the St.Pauli area where there's a high concentration of pubs/bars off the Reeperbahn, but there are some pubs around the oldtown ( Altstadt) main square area too. Visit the waterfront area (Landungsbrucken) which is walkable from St Pauli, as they have something similar to our Pier Head with restaurants/ bars/river trips etc. Strongly recommend u visit Miniauture Wonderland too, it's amazing !! Overall, it's a great city to visit for a couple of days before the match.

Reactions: c28
Hamburg's great for bars as u can imagine, went there with the Nuremberg lads when they played Hamburg away the last 2 seasons. Mainly drank in the St.Pauli area where there's a high concentration of pubs/bars off the Reeperbahn, but there are some pubs around the oldtown ( Altstadt) main square area too. Visit the waterfront area (Landungsbrucken) which is walkable from St Pauli, as they have something similar to our Pier Head with restaurants/ bars/river trips etc. Strongly recommend u visit Miniauture Wonderland too, it's amazing !! Overall, it's a great city to visit for a couple of days before the match.
Thanks for that info but I think it will be bars only knowing our lot!!!!

Also staying in Alexzanderplatz area of Berlin on Wed and Thur (train back after game) 8 of us flying from East Mids Wed morning, can't wait. In one of neutral areas, not sure which block as a mate sorted the tickets. Can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.