Wolfsburg away details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically saying that there was trouble in Lille and that the Wolfsburg Police are preparing accordingly, extra officers, Dog handlers and Mounted police. It states that there were windows broken, people injured and onlookers spoke of turmoil. It doesn't say the French police were the problem. They are aware of many tickets in neutral sections being bought by away fans but are used to that when Bayern and Dortmund play at Wolfsburg and don't anticipate any problems in the stadium. They expect Everton fans to lay siege to the obvious watering holes in the city (Irish bar etc.) and think this is where problems might occur. They will be looking at keeping rival fans apart. Any trouble will be dealt with robustly.

Got digs in Wolfsburg, be there from lunch (flying into Hannover). Is ANYONE actually staying in wolfsburg? Couldn't be arsed with the trains after match, but sounds like there's some good options. Tempted to switch plans if it's going to be a ghost town!

We've got a hotel in Wolfsburg, 5 of us.

Reactions: S2H

Basically saying that there was trouble in Lille and that the Wolfsburg Police are preparing accordingly, extra officers, Dog handlers and Mounted police. It states that there were windows broken, people injured and onlookers spoke of turmoil. It doesn't say the French police were the problem. They are aware of many tickets in neutral sections being bought by away fans but are used to that when Bayern and Dortmund play at Wolfsburg and don't anticipate any problems in the stadium. They expect Everton fans to lay siege to the obvious watering holes in the city (Irish bar etc.) and think this is where problems might occur. They will be looking at keeping rival fans apart. Any trouble will be dealt with robustly.
What poppycock. I'm disappointed, I expect it from the French but scaremongering from the Germans is annoying considering our last trip to Nuremburg.

..., I expect it from the French but scaremongering from the Germans is annoying considering our last trip to Nuremburg.
That's typical, how the press acts, everywhere. They took it from french press, I think,and created their own little horror story
Theres one interesting sentence on how police want to act:
"Friedlichen Fans wolle man breiten Raum geben, Randale und jede Form von Gewalt werde aber konsequent unterbunden und verfolgt."
"Peacefull fans will get enough space, any kind of riot and violence will be quelled" (my translation)
which sounds not to bad for me. Some horses and dogs are not that unnormal.
Article translated by google page translate:
https://translate.google.com/transl...olfsburg/Fussball-Everton-kommt-mit-4500-Fans

Anyone flying from Manchester to Dusseldorf on wed 8am with German Wings? I notice that since I booked on the day of the draw it's gone from £90 return to about £550!!

Also getting 12pm train from airport to Hannover and then staying at Ibis Budget Haupbanhof....anyone else there? Notice it's full now....

Lastly anyone in block 40 of neutral end?

We've got block 40,also german wings but were flying into Hamburg on the Tuesday night. Did notice the prices have rocketed in the last week or so.

Anyone flying from Manchester to Dusseldorf on wed 8am with German Wings? I notice that since I booked on the day of the draw it's gone from £90 return to about £550!!

Also getting 12pm train from airport to Hannover and then staying at Ibis Budget Haupbanhof....anyone else there? Notice it's full now....

Lastly anyone in block 40 of neutral end?
3 of us are staying at the Ibis Budget HBF too, along with the 12 1FC Nuremberg fans who are travelling up to support us.
We're on an early flight wednesday morning to Hamburg, then ICE train to Hannover, arriving 2pm, staying 2 nights there.

Status
Not open for further replies.