With “fans outside Merseyside” being a common insult to the reds, why are the scouser Everton fans thoughts on international Everton fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from and live in Dublin but when I go the game I obviously don't walk around in awh snapping pictures. I assimilate but I guess I'm going since a kid so it's just natural. Have a pint or 3 and get in before the kickoff.

I dunno whether Everton shapes us differently, but we arent like them, at all.

There is definitely something in this, the majority of blues I speak to are just down to earth normal lads who can take the piss out of themselves about Everton when times are rough but also be passionate and proud of being an Evertonian

The majority of kopites I know have an air of arrogance about them, can't take an ounce of criticism against their club and resort to just calling you bitter if you don't agree with them for wanting their club to win something (they've never really grasped the whole rivalry thing)

There’s more factors at play.

Firstly the sheer volume of tourists - and that’s what they are, purely tourists not Liverpool fans.

None-local fans of any club is fine as far as I can see, so long as they’re actual fans.

I actually feel sorry for scouse reds at times. The heart and sound has beeen ripped out of their club. It’s a commodity and a cult, not a club.

So I’ve no problem with any clubs fans being from anywhere, as long as they’re true fans.

@Adam-GOTTV - what’s your thoughts?
Being somebody who would sooner switch off the tv than watch one of the RS games, naturally on Sunday I left the thing on to watch the rats celebrate winning the Runners Up trophy.
Seriously however, due to the cameras panning the crowd at close up throughout MOTD, I was truly astonished at the number of bona fide tourists within the stadium. The number of Asian, Middle Eastern, Sub Continent fans in evidence astounded me.
Yes, we know about the Scandinavians, but from further afield paying a kings ransom to get a ticket was a revelation. No wonder the "locals" spy their arses at the sheer numbers of these people taking seats, thus depriving the home based fans of a chance to watch the Nearly Men.
But I can only assume that in the main, it is the home bred fans, flogging their tickets at a profit that allows for the tourists to get tickets in the ffirst place.

Being somebody who would sooner switch off the tv than watch one of the RS games, naturally on Sunday I left the thing on to watch the rats celebrate winning the Runners Up trophy.
Seriously however, due to the cameras panning the crowd at close up throughout MOTD, I was truly astonished at the number of bona fide tourists within the stadium. The number of Asian, Middle Eastern, Sub Continent fans in evidence astounded me.
Yes, we know about the Scandinavians, but from further afield paying a kings ransom to get a ticket was a revelation. No wonder the "locals" spy their arses at the sheer numbers of these people taking seats, thus depriving the home based fans of a chance to watch the Nearly Men.
But I can only assume that in the main, it is the home bred fans, flogging their tickets at a profit that allows for the tourists to get tickets in the ffirst place.
Nice little earner, I know a few Evertonians that have ST at the pit and never go there.

As an American who watches almost every match that is shown on TV in the States and follows the club every day, I got nothing but love from Scouser Evertonians on my first visit to Goodison Park. Got the real sense of appreciation and was welcomed like I had been there the entire time. It was a great experience and one that I'll always cherish for the rest of my life - complete strangers that made you feel like you were a part of something meaningful. So that doesn't really answer the original question but I did want to acknowledge the Scousers that made me feel so welcomed.

Nothing wrong with supporters from other areas. They are no more or no less supporters than those born in the city boundaries.

The quality of those supporters is the key. Liverpool's out-of-towners are all muppets who make up lies after every derby about us singing Hillsborough songs when even the staunchest Scouse red would tell you that it doesn't happen.

Their non-local fans are all bandwagon, glory-hunting beauts from down south or around the world with no proper connection to the club and would drop them if they finished outside of the top 6 for 5 years.
In my experience it's not the out of towners chatting rubbish about Hillsborough, it's the younger reds who were never affected by it and use it as a weird badge of honour and to point score, the weird little mutants.

You mention Heysel to any of them and they spout 10 ready made excuses (if they've ever heard of it) exculpating their guilt, conveniently omitting the real reason for the murders. Especially true of non Merseyside RS.
Had a discussion with one of them on pretty much the same subject yesterday. He said he couldn't understand why Evertonians confronted the waiting Liverpool fans at Lime Street. Claimed that it was cringeworthy and small time from the Everton fans and only made them the laughing stock.

Advised him to even if it was a once in a lifetime experience for him, to look at the whole history between the two clubs and not being completely blind for the facts that are obvious to see for everyone.

Also adviced him, to look further as how the Everton fans reacted, but rather look how the vast majority of football minded England reacted to City winning the title. You made yourself hated by everyone by your self entitlement, completely deluded fanbase and often disgraceful behaviour and that that had absolutely nothing to do with us. You called that upon yourself.

Dishing out is all good and well and also pretty easy, but if the shoe is on the other foot be a man and face up to it.

All I got back from him was that I was jealous and bitter and he didn't feel the need to carry on the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.