Transfer Rumour Wilmar Barrios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck trying to sell Iceland to anybody.

I could see Crystal Palace taking a punt on him, but I don't think we'd be recouping anything like £50mil. Going back to being a big fish in a small pond might work out better for him than his time here as a big fish, flailing in the sludge of a once big pond that is now all but dried up.

Maybe we could offer Siggy plus cash for Wann Bissaka..

Maybe I'll just stop talking for a while..

Sell one of our best players and replace him with a bloke from a pub league. That’s not a risk, it’s a complete gamble.

That said, I remember when we’d signed Fabra and he’d be here that January...still waiting.

I could see Crystal Palace taking a punt on him, but I don't think we'd be recouping anything like £50mil. Going back to being a big fish in a small pond might work out better for him than his time here as a big fish, flailing in the sludge of a once big pond that is now all but dried up.

I should have worded it better, good luck selling him for decent money I should have said, the clubs that could "afford" him wont want him and the other clubs wouldnt pay what we want.

I dont think hes a bad player, hes just a player that fits a certain style and type of football, nothing like Silva wants to play.

I should have worded it better, good luck selling him for decent money I should have said, the clubs that could "afford" him wont want him and the other clubs wouldnt pay what we want.

I dont think hes a bad player, hes just a player that fits a certain style and type of football, nothing like Silva wants to play.
he is starting to look a square peg in a round hole type of player. not sure whether its tactical or just burn out. but he hasn't been at his best that's for sure

I don't think selling Siggy is an option even just financially, he'll be in the squad for years

Edit; on another note I've never seen this Barrios play so sign him up

Flapping about in big boggy swamp.

Would actually be a good idea that...

Theyre paying £150k wages at the top end so could pay for Sigurdssons salary and we would bring in Wan Bissaka

Makes sense.

I noticed Tim Vickery was on the radio today saying he really rates Barrios and thinks he would be a good signing for us although he did say that he thinks Barrios would get quite a few cards playing in the PL.

Have any of the supposed oracles Joyce and Maddock said a peep about this or Gana ?

....the Boca owner is quoted today as saying nobody has bid for Barrios and he will only entertain an enquiry if it meets the players €23m release clause. Brands said last night that we’re not expecting to do any business in this window but he wouldn’t dismiss it totally.

I think we have to take those statements at face value. Reading between the lines, perhaps we move for Barrios if Gueye departs but that move is unlikely.

Have any of the supposed oracles Joyce and Maddock said a peep about this or Gana ?
I’m not sure they were about Richarlison that seemed just to hit twitter and all the main journalists had the same story at virtually the same time. I don’t think anyone was mentioning Richarlison days prior to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.