Transfer Rumour William Carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, hes not really THAT slow. No, hes not Lennon, but he plays a position where its far less meaningful than on the wing. A player of his position you want to control and dominate the center of the field, and by all appearances he does that well.

The thing is, hes not really THAT slow. No, hes not Lennon, but he plays a position where its far less meaningful than on the wing. A player of his position you want to control and dominate the center of the field, and by all appearances he does that well.

It's a brain you need in that role, not necessarily legs. Especially if you play one in that role as almost a sweeper for the midfield.

I'd despair at seeing James McCarthy given that role, for example.

Also, as an additional note, you always wonder how players from other leagues are going to adapt to the premier leagues style of physical play. If you watch Carvalho, hes very physical, and shrugs off many challenges, and in my opinion would adapt better off the bat than say Witsel would.

Worried he’d get eaten for breakfast over here, barry gets away with it cos he reads the game better then just bout anyone in his position over here, he reads what the opponent gonna do before he even knows what he gonna do half the time, if he could take barry football brain off him then yeah, personally from what ive seen of him would be a big no no for me, but then we dont know how koeman gonna set his midfield up yet, schneiderlen aswell and might ease the pace issue!

What you notice from him in the Euro's was his ability to read the game, this was second to none, this would make up for the lack of speed.

I hope he arrives just to shatter the bizarre myth that still pervades that Gareth Barry is better than William Carvalho. 35 year old over the 24 year old, player who struggled to get international recognition over a European champion, a bottom half prem player over a champions league player.

Barry's agent must be a miracle worker. Consecutive seasons in the bottom half with him extra to the team. A team with an Spaulding defensive record in which he plays holding mid. A terrible disciplinary record resulting in numerous one and two match suspensions in both seasons and numerous pens/free kicks given away. Despite all this he's still considered a better bet to play holding mid in a team wanting to get top 4 than a European champion. Well done his agent mr Derren Brown, what an utter deception.

Weren't Arsenal after this guy a year or so ago but wouldn't activate his buyout clause?

He still has time on his contract, so why would Sporting sell him for anything less than the clause if he's really that good?

He is exactly the type of player we should be aiming for a champions league standard player that for whatever reason other champions league teams aren't to sure of I.E scared of the risk because he won't be cheap.

It is a risk as are all transfers however it's not like we can simply pluck whatever player we want out of champions league teams.

Liverpool had great success buying players other champions league teams though we're too risky for the price namely Torres & Suarez.

He may not work out but he is a level above what we have or could pick up in the prem with perhaps the exception of schneiderlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.