Transfer Rumour William Carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he arrives just to shatter the bizarre myth that still pervades that Gareth Barry is better than William Carvalho. 35 year old over the 24 year old, player who struggled to get international recognition over a European champion, a bottom half prem player over a champions league player.

Barry's agent must be a miracle worker. Consecutive seasons in the bottom half with him extra to the team. A team with an Spaulding defensive record in which he plays holding mid. A terrible disciplinary record resulting in numerous one and two match suspensions in both seasons and numerous pens/free kicks given away. Despite all this he's still considered a better bet to play holding mid in a team wanting to get top 4 than a European champion. Well done his agent mr Derren Brown, what an utter deception.
Oh for God's sake SD...Why are you still badgering on about this?

Oh for God's sake SD...Why are you still badgering on about this?

Because it seems to be the prevalent mood. This is a transfer rumour thread about a very promising player who had just won the euros. In classic Everton style though it's full of people saying they might not want him because he's not as good as Barry. I'm merely railing against the myth Martine created that no o e else could possibly play midfield for Everton apart from Gareth Barry.

Cant some people start watching football rather then living on computer games and then thinking they know everything. discussions on the lads pace by how its rated on fifa just sounds so so wrong!

Barry is a class act. Better than Carvalho? Maybe not. But think youre being a Little over the top in your criticism of him really. Was our player of the season last year
I think Barry had a decent season alright. Brutal the season before.. A very good player when in position just in front of back 4. (I wouldn't be cAllington him class act tho) But he too like many of our players was caught out of position too many times last season and was too slow getting back when teams countered us. Good squad player for me but If he is a regular started at his age we will be nowhere near top 6 again. McCarthy would do a great job there. (He was given wrong role under RM ) and find another player with him to be more offensive

Because it seems to be the prevalent mood. This is a transfer rumour thread about a very promising player who had just won the euros. In classic Everton style though it's full of people saying they might not want him because he's not as good as Barry. I'm merely railing against the myth Martine created that no o e else could possibly play midfield for Everton apart from Gareth Barry.

Carvalho is a very good player, i am in total agreement.
Gareth Barry has won the premier league, which is no easy task in any side.
Cant be one rule for one...

But he was our best player last season mate. Which of course means he'll keep that level up forever, obviously

It's not writing him off though, to say that we should be looking for his replacement as he's 35 and could very possibly decline in ability next season as players in their mid-30s do
Totally agree - very possibly.
But, just like Distin, if he continues to defy the odds (and biology) he could be an asset to us for another season and doesnt need replacing.
Regardless, bringing Carvalho in would be a good signing - i'm not denying that

Status
Not open for further replies.