William Carvalho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comically Wolves agreed an 18m transfer with Sporting only for the chairman to start changing the terms at the last minute, something which sparked nearly the whole team to bin off their contracts.
Does anyone know how the mechanics of these transfers work?

Presumably UEFA or the Portuguese FA have him listed as a Sporting player. Before wolves can register him to play for the premier league surely they must produce some documentation to say he no longer plays for Sporting. I can't see Sporting providing anything.

This isn't straight forward by any means folks. I just can't see how any of these Sporting players can have their registrations accepted by the Premier League, and this could drag on for weeks/months. Steer clear is my view.

Does anyone know how the mechanics of these transfers work?

Presumably UEFA or the Portuguese FA have him listed as a Sporting player. Before wolves can register him to play for the premier league surely they must produce some documentation to say he no longer plays for Sporting. I can't see Sporting providing anything.

This isn't straight forward by any means folks. I just can't see how any of these Sporting players can have their registrations accepted by the Premier League, and this could drag on for weeks/months. Steer clear is my view.

Im almost certain the Portuguese players federation confirmed the other day that they have all canceled their contracts.

Its pretty official.

I havent seen Sporting contest anything in any shape of form yet tho either.

Not bad eh getting the goalkeeper of the European champions for free. Loads and loads of clubs will be kicking themselves at not being in for him. Obviously all down to the agent and the contacts. He'll have told him to cancel contract and get them both a massive payday on a free transfer.

Not bad eh getting the goalkeeper of the European champions for free. Loads and loads of clubs will be kicking themselves at not being in for him. Obviously all down to the agent and the contacts. He'll have told him to cancel contract and get them both a massive payday on a free transfer.

As I said, Wolves were willing to spend 18m on the fella, it was only when the Chairman started being an arse that they said "You know what, lets do it this way instead".

Mate Wolves are going places, I told y'all, they will be a force, they have the money and they have the contacts.

Yeah, eventually, but bloody hell napoli to wolves in a week, he would have had brilliant offers after the world cup imo. A few Champions league teams I would have thought.

As I said, Wolves were willing to spend 18m on the fella, it was only when the Chairman started being an arse that they said "You know what, lets do it this way instead".
Well, Everton apparently have the best Director of Football and connection to big name agents nowadays, so let's see how we continue to arse things up in the transfer market.

Yeah, eventually, but bloody hell napoli to wolves in a week, he would have had brilliant offers after the world cup imo. A few Champions league teams I would have thought.

I never saw anything with Napoli myself, maybe a jarg link, but I saw loads of Wolves talk like.

Just Mendes things.

Im almost certain the Portuguese players federation confirmed the other day that they have all canceled their contracts.

Its pretty official.

The President posted on his Facebook that they are contesting the Patricio release.

However, all the players seem to be legally sound so they’ll be fine. If anything, they’d go to a FIFA tribunal and pay a significantly lower fee than they want.

Its pretty official.

Can't imagine for 1 second they're going to sit by and let it happen without doing anything. Surely?

See how this one plays out I suppose.

Well, Everton apparently have the best Director of Football and connection to big name agents nowadays, so let's see how we continue to arse things up in the transfer market.

You gotta trust Brands mate, until such a time he doesnt deserve your trust.

You cant just call him a clown for no reason.

Lets judge the fella on August 9th, not 18th June.

Wolves will be top 10 and possibly not far off top 6 next season. Super-agent Jorge Mendes is pulling the strings, providing the funding and routing a significant group of his Portuguese players to them rather than ANO PL/Serie A/LaLiga/Bundesliga team. The FA somehow concluded Mendes wasn't involved despite everybody in world football knowing he is and here we have another Mendes player who could have gone to a top Serie A club instead joining "ambitious newly promoted Wolves" as they will henceforth be known. It is driving a coach and horses through both club and agent regulation but the authorities cannot even be arsed to pretend they are concerned because they are too busy counting the money flowing in.

Wolves will be top 10 and possibly not far off top 6 next season. Super-agent Jorge Mendes is pulling the strings, providing the funding and routing a significant group of his Portuguese players to them rather than ANO PL/Serie A/LaLiga/Bundesliga team. The FA somehow concluded Mendes wasn't involved despite everybody in world football knowing he is and here we have another Mendes player who could have gone to a top Serie A club instead joining "ambitious newly promoted Wolves" as they will henceforth be known. It is driving a coach and horses through both club and agent regulation but the authorities cannot even be arsed to pretend they are concerned because they are too busy counting the money flowing in.

I`m wondering what Mendes ulterior motives are in all this.

One things crystal, whatever it is, it`ll be about putting even more money in his pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.