Will we be next to 10 titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless FFP is completely abolished and Usmonov says here's 500 million per year to spend, then we aren't getting to 10 anytime soon.

Unless FFP is completely abolished and Usmonov says here's 500 million per year to spend, then we aren't getting to 10 anytime soon.
We went years convincing ourselves we'd be challenging for trophies if we only had money to spend. We got the money and went backwards. Imagine how much of a mess we could make of spending 500 million each year.

Don't fret, eventually the Super League will make us one of the more competitive outfits in the PL.

Yay.

We went years convincing ourselves we'd be challenging for trophies if we only had money to spend. We got the money and went backwards. Imagine how much of a mess we could make of spending 500 million each year.
We never bought genuine works class. We sold our best players world class players like lukaku and stones and wasted money on players like bolaise and iwobi. Hopefully carlo Beijing in the likes if godfrey, allan ,doucoure, james will continue that trend this summer. Players of the quality and more of those 4.

We never had that much to go out and correct our massive flops like bolasie, cenk, siggy and iwobi etc

Hypothetically if we were given an unlimited budget you would just keep buying until you win, same the way city and Chelsea did it

A winning club is not just about the money. Having the right mindset and winning culture at a club is crucial. My local team Barrow upset all the odds last season by winning promotion to League 2 (albeit in a curtailed season on PPG] after years of being one of the most unfancied teams to win the title)- old stadium, 48 years in non league, a lost generation of fans, bottom half budget. All started by having a Manager who would not settle for mediocrity and who brought everything together on and off the pitch starting off by blasting the negative mindset away. Ian Evatt- now with Bolton and he is doing the same thing there. I’m just trying to make a point that its not just about endless hit and miss transfer dealings, there still has to be a winning culture on and off the pitch behind it. We all hope Carlo can build that here.

I think you need a spine of dedicated hard working British players with drive and determination beyond their skills, ready to fight for every ball with a sprinkle of foreign finesse to raise your attacking level. We haven’t got the first part yet, except maybe Godfrey and Keane.

I think you need a spine of dedicated hard working British players with drive and determination beyond their skills, ready to fight for every ball with a sprinkle of foreign finesse to raise your attacking level. We haven’t got the first part yet, except maybe Godfrey and Keane.
I agree that success is a combination of hard work and quality but fail to see how nationality comes into it.

I'm sure City will get to 10 before us but their supposed dominance will obviously put the brakes on Chelsea winning more. This could give us the time to get into contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.