Will we be next to 10 titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

As we are now you would have to say no. . . . . BUT
Who knows what can happen in the next 5 or 6 years? Nobody here has a crystal ball.
In 1980 we finished 19th, 1981 we finished 16th. Who then would have predicted 1984 1985 and 1986 1st, 2nd, 1st.?

Dare to dream ;)

We should already be on 10 as we basically threw it away in 1986 after that catastrophic defeat at Oxford. It should've been three titles in a row in the mid-80s.

Unless something changes City will easily surpass us within a decade with their endless bought titles.
1963-64 we should have won it, then the Tony Kay story broke, oh and guess who profited from that? lol 1974-75 we throw away a golden opportunity,and yes 1985-86 haunts me,Oxford obviously ,but the week before Sharpie scooping one over from a yard out at Forest,it ended 0-0:blush:,should be on 12!!

1963-64 we should have won it, then the Tony Kay story broke, oh and guess who profited from that? lol 1974-75 we throw away a golden opportunity,and yes 1985-86 haunts me,Oxford obviously ,but the week before Sharpie scooping one over from a yard out at Forest,it ended 0-0:blush:,should be on 12!!
You've just resurrected another nightmare memory :Blink:

No worries... I've gone a good few years blocking it from rearing its ugly head lol
1974-75 traumatises me even more Andy as a young nine year old kid and now being old enough to be aware of Everton,it was the first time(of many!!)they truly "Evertoned" me lol

As we are now you would have to say no. . . . . BUT
Who knows what can happen in the next 5 or 6 years? Nobody here has a crystal ball.
In 1980 we finished 19th, 1981 we finished 16th. Who then would have predicted 1984 1985 and 1986 1st, 2nd, 1st.?

Dare to dream ;)

Them lot had a good team in the eighties but it wasn't built using unlimited funds. It's more a question of requiring other teams to drop a level and being there to pick up the pieces than building a team that is a match for the best. At least in the short to medium term.

Status
Not open for further replies.