Will we be next to 10 titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA Toffee

Player Valuation: £40m
We are currently sitting on 9 titles, City about to reach 7, Chelsea on 6.
We were on 9 while Man Utd were still on 7, fair to say they have a bit more success than us recently.

So, will we be the next team to reach 10, or will one of the others beat us to it?

Unfortunately I can't see anyone beating City for the next 3 years, maybe Chelsea who are easily the best of the rest right now or Utd if they get a proper manager in and spend money in the right places.

Cement a top 4 place in the coming seasons and going into a new chapter with a new stadium, how far we can go is anyones guess.

#Believe

* looks at squad list

giphy.gif

We'll honestly struggle to win one in my lifetime (I'm 29), and that makes me feel a little depressed.

That is, unless they allow people to spend money again, if we do that, then we probably will. But christ, never been harder, has it?

I would have said we'll win something again before Spurs.
That's if City do the business next month, of course.

Yes, furthermore, we will go into the Vlad is Bad stadium on the docks as Champions.

All prem refs are about to become Russian bitches

If we could get into the CL positions at some point then logic would dictate that a title challenge will follow. All the teams that have been up there have had one, even Spurs. The hardest bit for us is this first bit of t dry inf to break in and we’ve been let down so far by poor recruitment and a never ending injury curse. If both those things disappear we have a chance to get in there. Then we have to stay in there and take advantage of a poor year.

We should already be on 10 as we basically threw it away in 1986 after that catastrophic defeat at Oxford. It should've been three titles in a row in the mid-80s.

Unless something changes City will easily surpass us within a decade with their endless bought titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.