Will Everton win the league again in your life time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh , i wouldnt bet on it , we haven been close since last time we did , and there is no reason at the moment to think that will change anytime soon.

To be honest mate, I'm looking at the exit as much as I am the entrance these days. Who's going to be the next to go...? =S

oh defo agree with that mate!

was just saying like!

but at the mo i'd like to be reasured that we can survive next year before i even think about winning leagues or rule changes!

a win on sat constitutes a cup run, which will spark us into life as we win every single game in the run in and snatch it on the last day in a title showdown with chelsea.

which I will be on my hols for.

Changes are coming to world football that will make the Everton's of the world competitive again. The current set up is unsustainable.

This is my thought as well.

I just don't think the heavily leveraged, swimming in unmanageable debt clubs can sustain this. Even though there are vested interests in maintaining the status quo (Big Three, etc...) it can't continue.

The question is can Everton stay above the fray when it all comes crashing down? I'd like to think so but we sure could use some investment.

doubt i am offering anything new but unless we get our city arab then no. never. i only see bad things for everton now. platinis rule won't help everton that much either, it's not meant to anyway.

I hope so. But I don't think it'll come from a billionaire spending their money. I think it'll have to come from us developing the youth and getting a team that grows together, with some input from transfers of course. From that you can build for the future. Just maybe thats what Moyses is trying to do at the moment I just wish he would give some of them a chance at the moment.

Can't see how under the current status quo, I mean, look how it's been monopolised by just 2 or 3 teams over the last 20.

Happy I've seen two, and was at the game for one of them, which is more than most teams fans can say.

Like someone said earlier, football works in cycles. I'm sure if you told a kopite in the 80's that they wouldn't win 1 league title in the 90's and 00's, they'd have thought you're crazy or in that same time period told an Evertonian we'd be battling relegation for years to come.

In 10 years time no one knows what the league will be like, Man Utd could be a struggling **** team that's gone into admin and no fergie to rescue them. There's just so much that can change over time that I'd never ever rule it out and I'll always believe we will win a title in my lifetime. COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.