Will Everton break their transfer record this Summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed but Roberto hopefully played it down enough since. even more worrying is the constant talk as though we have already banked 20 odd million for Fellaini and are desperate to spend it

Martinez doesnt want him to go and the noises coming out of Goodison, and Felli himself actually of late, is that he doesnt want to leave!.

But IF someone triggers his release clause, then it's down to the player if he wants to stay or go. Be interesting to see what Felli actually does do IF someone bids for him, wether he will stick to his word or fcuk off?!.

Do I see us breaking a transfer record as in a fee for one player, very doubtful. Martinez knows our recent financial history and one big buy is a dangerous and often unsuccessful way to start at a club. Ties up funds for the future and forever ties his tenure to that buy. Would be a bad decision if he does this.

However, if we sell Fellaini and or some others, I can see him setting a record of total spent in one transfer window, but it would be for multiple buys, not breaking the bank on one. Start filling out the squad.

Update - I think Martinez will wait a year or two before he really tries to spend big one one player. Just too risky to do it before he really knows the squad and how his coaching fits with the current squad.

Last edited:
1. Marouane Fellaini (Standard Liège) £19 million
2. Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Middlesbrough) £14.5 million
3. Andy Johnson (Crystal Palace) £9.7 million
4. Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (Lokomotiv Moscow) £8.8 million
5. Andy van der Meyde (Inter Milan) £7.9 million
6. James Beattie (Southampton) £7.9 million
7. Nick Barmby (Middlesbrough) £7 million
8. Kevin Mirallas (Olympiacos) £6.7 million
9. Andrey Kanchelskis (Manchester United) £6.6 million
10. Leighton Baines (Wigan) £6.6 million

Can't see £15 + signing, Martinez will go bargin hunting, a few £4-5 mill signing of players we have never herd of, at very best, at least grab a few familiar faces from Wigan, and see how things are in jan and look what he needs

1 £15m Standard Liege Belgium Marouane Fellaini 1 September 2008
2 £11.25m Middlesbrough Nigeria Aiyegbeni Yakubu 29 August 2007
3 £8.9m Lokomotiv Moscow Russia Diniyar Bilyaletdinov 25 August 2009
4 £8.6m Crystal Palace England Andy Johnson 30 May 2006
5 £6.5m Southampton England James Beattie 4 Jan 2005

1. Marouane Fellaini (Standard Liège) £19 million
2. Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Middlesbrough) £14.5 million
3. Andy Johnson (Crystal Palace) £9.7 million
4. Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (Lokomotiv Moscow) £8.8 million
5. Andy van der Meyde (Inter Milan) £7.9 million
6. James Beattie (Southampton) £7.9 million
7. Nick Barmby (Middlesbrough) £7 million
8. Kevin Mirallas (Olympiacos) £6.7 million
9. Andrey Kanchelskis (Manchester United) £6.6 million
10. Leighton Baines (Wigan) £6.6 million

JESUS Christ.

That's not even close!!

There's no chance we'll break our transfer record.

If Fellaini is sold, we'll need to invest the money into replacements for the other players leaving.

I conducted my own research, however I disagree with your statement questioning the reliability of my data.

You got them all wrong. Some of them quite comically. In fact you've posted figures so laughably wrong I'll never take serious any post you make before 8.36pm tomorrow.

Also, I have no idea why people care about what we spend. I'm only interested in who we get and how good they are.

1 £15m Standard Liege Belgium Marouane Fellaini 1 September 2008
2 £11.25m Middlesbrough Nigeria Aiyegbeni Yakubu 29 August 2007
3 £8.9m Lokomotiv Moscow Russia Diniyar Bilyaletdinov 25 August 2009
4 £8.6m Crystal Palace England Andy Johnson 30 May 2006
5 £6.5m Southampton England James Beattie 4 Jan 2005

excuse me they were the initial fees, my research included the add-ons of additional fees for example monthly installments, appearance based with add-ons from goals scored and also contract clauses .

excuse me they were the initial fees, my research included the add-ons of additional fees for example monthly installments, appearance based with add-ons from goals scored and also contract clauses .

Are you sure you just haven't confused Pounds Sterling with the Euro?

No exchange expert, like. But those fees look like they could be the Euro equivalent of the humble Quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.