Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are dissenting voices about any player we sign or anything we do as a club. At the moment we’re just media eye broccoli.

Also, I’d have more doubts about Zaha than Rodriguez, London lads don’t generally do well away from the capital. Innit.

Oh I agree the media love giving us a sly dig whenever they can - but for every person who rates Rodriguez as a massive signing there is someone else who raises the question of "does he still have it" and thats just me not wearing blue tinted glasses and reading/speaking to neutral fans. Of course some will be bitter but that question mark is still valid as it would be had we signed someone like Bale.

Globally & marketing wise James is a massive signing for the club and realistically we wont be signing anyone near as big but I still think someone like Zaha would massively send out the message that we mean business when clubs like Arsenal & Spurs have sniffed around / he like Vardy, Jimenez are raved about by the media who have the power to form opinions.

That and he's utterly boss who like Doucoure will make some fans eat their words if he ends up joining.

Oh I agree the media love giving us a sly dig whenever they can - but for every person who rates Rodriguez as a massive signing there is someone else who raises the question of "does he still have it" and thats just me not wearing blue tinted glasses and reading/speaking to neutral fans. Of course some will be bitter but that question mark is still valid as it would be had we signed someone like Bale.

Globally & marketing wise James is a massive signing for the club and realistically we wont be signing anyone near as big but I still think someone like Zaha would massively send out the message that we mean business.

That and he's utterly boss who like Doucoure will make some fans eat their words if he ends up joining.

to who exactly?? nobody wants him

Some players are just loved by the media and Zaha is one of them.

Richarlison on the otherhand is one who I feel never gets the credit he deserves in the media.

He's linked with Barcelona though. Football clubs know the score.

Same with Lukaku - ridiculous hype, but it's Lautaro Martinez, the actual top striker, who gets linked heavily with top clubs.

Some players are just loved by the media and Zaha is one of them.

Richarlison on the otherhand is one who I feel never gets the credit he deserves in the media.
What the media thinks of us is of absolutely no import whatsoever.
People will only ‘sit up and notice us’ ,if that’s what matters to you, when we actually start competing and winning trophies and become relevant once more.
Very weak argument for signing a player.

What the media thinks of us is of absolutely no import whatsoever.
People will only ‘sit up and notice us’ ,if that’s what matters to you, when we actually start competing and winning trophies and become relevant once more.
Very weak argument for signing a player.

My main argument for signing him is as I said:

"he's utterly boss who like Doucoure will make some fans eat their words if he ends up joining."

But making a further statement signing in addition to our signings of Rodriguez & Allan would only further generate positive interest in the club which is only a good thing.

Globally & marketing wise James is a massive signing for the club and realistically we wont be signing anyone near as big but I still think someone like Zaha would massively send out the message that we mean business when clubs like Arsenal & Spurs have sniffed around / he like Vardy, Jimenez are raved about by the media who have the power to form opinions.

He could just as easily become a Siggurdssen signing. He‘ll cost an arm and a leg to get from Palace because he’s their main defence against relegation. To be honest, I can’t see Palace selling him unless the fee is absolutely eyewateringly extortionate,
He failed at Utd, just like Siggy did at Spurs, and that worries me. He’s also a London boy and they don't travel well.
For the money it would likely take to get him, we could probably do better elsewhere.

The question for me is: would he be a drastic improvement over what we currently have on the wings? The answer is yes. Odds of bringing in a young talent that kills it off the bat are very low. Zaha will be an instant improvement. Which is what Carlo is looking for if any of his recent signings are an indication

Status
Not open for further replies.