Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’d be very reliable in the attack and would give us an option that can work in isolation with the ball. Not the sexy option, but I think we are missing a player like him.

I am not fully convinced that its the perfect signing but have to agree that Zaha will help us by taking the burden of richarlison somewhat and I guarentee teams could do what they do now and double mark both zaha and richarlison if theyre in the same team.

This would then increase the returns of everyone else. For anything below 35mil I would say yes

I cannot for the life of me see potential buyers just leaving him at Palace without having a go at getting him at some point over the next few weeks (probably at the end of the window).

He's massively important to Palace and they're right to ask for a good price, but do they really want to effectively reject (they knew no one was paying £70m) potentially a second transfer request in two summer windows? It's not a great look really. If you were Eze or one of the other young talents they have, if they start to hit potential top 6 levels, there's no way you'd consider signing another contract with them if that's how they treat a player who's probably the main reason they're still a PL club and as far as I'm aware, has been a model professional considering everything that's gone on.

Didn’t get the move he wanted last year (to us) and didn’t look particularly happy today, despite scoring. It’s a big call for palace to make, do they retain their talisman, who is so crucial to how they play and keep a disgruntled player or sell a depreciating asset who didn’t live up to his high standards last year.

Interesting debate though this is, there is still no indication of interest on our part , not an inkling.
This seems strange considering how much the players camp were happy to feed information to the press to force a move last time around.
Hodgson seemed to imply there was no - one particularly pursuing him at this stage.
I definitely think he was a target for Silva but doesn’t interest Ancelotti or Brands.
We have other irons in the fire, I suspect and ones that won’t cost as much as this fella.

I cannot for the life of me see potential buyers just leaving him at Palace without having a go at getting him at some point over the next few weeks (probably at the end of the window).

He's massively important to Palace and they're right to ask for a good price, but do they really want to effectively reject (they knew no one was paying £70m) potentially a second transfer request in two summer windows? It's not a great look really. If you were Eze or one of the other young talents they have, if they start to hit potential top 6 levels, there's no way you'd consider signing another contract with them if that's how they treat a player who's probably the main reason they're still a PL club and as far as I'm aware, has been a model professional considering everything that's gone on.
We’ve had to do similar in previous years when other clubs have taken Stones, Lukaku and Barkley off us.

Exactly, it will come back to haunt them in the long run.

But not being the focal point for us = more space for him to exploit mate whereas for Palace he's doubled up on every game and barely gets a touch of the ball as Palace literally defend for most of the game every week.

He's miles better than anything we have out wide imo.
Think I agree with a lot of your opinions on players mate, and I would like us to sign younger players where possible, but I am genuinely worried about the lack of pace in our wide positions if we really want to push on. I don't really care if it's Bailey, Zaha or someone else, but we need to bring some in.

The advantage of Zaha is we could play him wide right or wide left, in a front three or even off DCL if necessary. I agree that he should have more end product, but he has been in a dross team and the opposition really do kick lumps out of him every game. If he came to our team as it is now, I think it could be a perfect move for both us and the player tbh. And that goes against my belief that we shouldn't sign another player this summer who is in their late 20s.
The real choker is we could have prob got him in the past few weeks for the money we gave for iwobi.

On the left we have: Iwobi, Gordon and Bernard
On the right we have: Walcott, Bolasie and maybe James plays there.

Unless we sell 2 of the guys on the left i cant see him joining. We cant have 3 or 4 players on the left side and thats where Zaha looks best to me.

On the right i think we would be better with Sarr or Bailey who is rapid and great at cutting inside. Very similar to Robben in that sense.

If we sold Bernard and could use Iwobi id go for Zaha on the left. I think on the right the other 2 players i mentioned are a better fit.

So, for me Bernard + Iwobi out = Yes to Zaha.

Otherwise its a no im afraid.

Whisper it but i think Gordon will be very good by the end of this season on the left.

We’ve had to do similar in previous years when other clubs have taken Stones, Lukaku and Barkley off us.

I don't think anyone could argue with the fact that we've been fair with players in letting them take the "step up" when it was best for them. It's probably one of the main reasons young players choose to join us.

In Palace's case, I think denying Zaha a second time if reasonable offers come in would look pretty bad.

I don't think anyone could argue with the fact that we've been fair with players in letting them take the "step up" when it was best for them. It's probably one of the main reasons young players choose to join us.

In Palace's case, I think denying Zaha a second time if reasonable offers come in would look pretty bad.
Irrespective of whether he comes to us or not. The lad stayed last year and gave them another year (albeit not his best one) he should be allowed to leave this time around.

On the left we have: Iwobi, Gordon and Bernard
On the right we have: Walcott, Bolasie and maybe James plays there.

Unless we sell 2 of the guys on the left i cant see him joining. We cant have 3 or 4 players on the left side and thats where Zaha looks best to me.

On the right i think we would be better with Sarr or Bailey who is rapid and great at cutting inside. Very similar to Robben in that sense.

If we sold Bernard and could use Iwobi id go for Zaha on the left. I think on the right the other 2 players i mentioned are a better fit.

So, for me Bernard + Iwobi out = Yes to Zaha.

Otherwise its a no im afraid.

Whisper it but i think Gordon will be very good by the end of this season on the left.
Don't think it'll be possible with Sarr now as Liverpool are preparing for a move I think I read somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.