Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the links are from anything approaching reliable sources and seem to be a rehash of last seasons events more than anything else.
Considering how impressive Brands has been in getting quality for a good price , I doubt he is about to splurge £40m. or thereabouts on this player. I doubt we intend to spend over £25m on any player particularly if we still intend to recruit aRB or CB.
Still think he has a very poor character and suits being a big fish in a small pond. I believe he would be disruptive influence in a team which contained superior players to himself.

True, Spurs are quite skint and Everton would also be if it wasn't for the money laundering and if you were to be really honest with yourself, Everton are spending all this money to just try and get to the level where Spurs are now, (regular Champions League and Europa league.)
If you have it, nothing at all wrong with spending it as not only does it lift the whole club and the standard of football but as seen on by the newly found happiness on this forum over the last couple of days, it brings happiness to the supporters.
And yet again, i think Zaha would be a fantastic signing.

P.S. Jealous? Nah.
To be fair mate think we are spending it to win pots which Spurs haven't done, really should not have sacked Pochettino.

Haha fair point.

I think swap deals a very hard, so more likely to be add ons. There are some players whod do well under Hodgson though. Kenny & Davies being too. Theres an easy link to Bolasie and perhaps even Walcott might do ok.

I mean it may just be one of those players as beyond that it gets more complicated. Theres been a fair bit of business done between both teams though.

I have no idea what the chances are. Unless Palace have had quite a big turnaround in Zaha it looks hard to do.
Yeah, I think if it’s player exchange involved there would be three categories of players. The players Everton would never swap, the players Palace wouldn’t want (for various reasons) and the others. Of your suggestions I think only Davies fits into the latter category.
But, as you say, hard to do. And that pre supposes that this is just not baloney again.

Yeah, I think if it’s player exchange involved there would be three categories of players. The players Everton would never swap, the players Palace wouldn’t want (for various reasons) and the others. Of your suggestions I think only Davies fits into the latter category.
But, as you say, hard to do. And that pre supposes that this is just not baloney again.
Enjoy taking Bolasie, Tosun, Davies, Sigurdsson! I think it's that easy, right? Just saying it?

Yes I think you're right in that regard. It's not easy and in truth the more likely option will be add ons than player(s) going the other way.

Its hard enough to do 1 deal, never mind stacking 3 or 4 deals together.

I have to say the suggestions of Tosun seem ludicrous to me. Hes currently injured, and we have no idea when hes back.

Like Zaha, he’s a good player, on his day he’s unstoppable.

The only doubt I’d have would be everything goes through him at Palace and he’s the main man, he wouldn’t get that here.

He’s also a left winger and we have to many of them, while it looks pretty probable we might play 4-3-3 or a variant. So buying wingers doesn’t seem logical.

Well all that and doesn’t look like there is one credible link, the whole narrative strikes me as being unlikely we are interested.

Last edited:
Weve seen similar with most deals. Kean was going to be 40m. Rodriguez 25m. Allan 30m. Doucoure 35m. All came in substantially less.

If we buy Zaha I think we pay around 25m down and some add ons/maybe the odd player thrown in.

It's strange really, as I'd rather lose Walcott than Bolasie, so hopefully we can do that.
That would be about right....apparently the transfer market is about 30% down in value due to the finances of clubs being his by the pandemic...the going rate for SAnchez has dropped to £70 million apparently...this could also be an indication as to how we picked up three excellent players for £60 million for the lot. So£25 million and a few add ons is worth looking at for Zaha.

None of the links are from anything approaching reliable sources and seem to be a rehash of last seasons events more than anything else.
Considering how impressive Brands has been in getting quality for a good price , I doubt he is about to splurge £40m. or thereabouts on this player. I doubt we intend to spend over £25m on any player particularly if we still intend to recruit aRB or CB.
Still think he has a very poor character and suits being a big fish in a small pond. I believe he would be disruptive influence in a team which contained superior players to himself.

Nothing from reliable sources at all. Deal would be expensive in terms of fees and wages. We’ve already signed a high earner in James. I’m very sceptical about this one.

Both William Hill & Ladbrokes were refusing bets on Zaha to Everton yesterday over "strong rumours" that a move was imminent in which the traders wouldnt accept bets.

Dont know if that has changed since like but still interesting.
They weren't refusing bets, they didn't have a market till some clowns on facebook linked him and they saw a chance to make some dough from mugs.

Yeah I can't see a swap deal happening like. I do have a good feeling this transfer will happen though - I cant see Zaha staying and I imagine Spurs aside they'll be no other clubs willing to pay his wages than the mighty Blues.

Think the final 2 weeks of the window will pick up as upto now its been a quiet one.

I would be happy to have him but as we already have plenty of wide players I doubt Spurs have even thought about him.
And another reason I want Everton to sign him is, I still fear he will go to Arsenal, and I think he would be brilliant for them.

He's a top talent who's been carrying a pretty poor Palace side in my opinion and Alan Whittles nice words and summing up of the player also says a lot for me.

Any indication from the Palace end about whether you need to sell and how affected you are with the covid losses.

Personally, I feel that at the moment, Zaha is your only large sellable asset and I cant see him being worth as much next year due to his age. Looking at Eze's heat map from last season, they play the same position albeit different styles so wonder if he was brought in as an eventual replacement.

Any indication from the Palace end about whether you need to sell and how affected you are with the covid losses.

Personally, I feel that at the moment, Zaha is your only large sellable asset and I cant see him being worth as much next year due to his age. Looking at Eze's heat map from last season, they play the same position albeit different styles so wonder if he was brought in as an eventual replacement.
We not flush with money. Our American investors are trying to sell, it‘a no secret that we are looking for investors.
Eze might eventually be Zaha’s direct replacement but not bought specifically for that.

Though I don’t think we’re in for him Palace are in a tough spot with Zaha.

Top form he’s worth 80-100mill to them, he’s kept them up 17/18 & 18/19, I think I’m right in saying this is their longest stint in the PL.

They held their ground last season, but Zaha last season wasn’t the same player, he looked unsettled. His price is subsequently lower, it’s likely lower again if he stays there another season and has the same performances. Hes mentally wanting to be somewhere else.

So palace have a depreciating asset, in a slow market who looks disconnected to the club.

Hes reached his apex of value and is only going down now, Palace must be tempted to sell and reinvest, if they leave it to late to eventually sell him it could hugely undermine the club and their current league status in my opinion.

Hes stayed a year to long there in my opinion for all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.