Why that was Moyes' fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a really bad set of choices there. Moyes will leave in the summer unless he is given roughly £20 m. before player sales - his stock is still high in the PL as the media really don't give a toss about us and our descend down the league is given the absolute minimum of coverage. Only now and again we are told that we are fickle and we would have been relegated without Moyes. To the media Moyes is bigger and better than the club, and until some journalist starts to actually look into what he has done then that will not change.

Moyes will not quit now - there are no PL clubs looking for a manager right now and he will be hard pressed to get a contract to match the one we have given him.

I have no doubt that Moyes is ambitious and want the best for the club, I do however doubt that his skill matches his ambition.
We need a complete shake-up incl. in the manager position - new ideas, new tactics and no loyalties towards current players. Paul Lambert, Martin Jol, Roberto Di Matteo or even Slaven Bilic play a much more attacking game, which the season and the last is what wins you games.

As I have stated earlier I would listen to offers for all our players except Rodwell and Cahill(would add Coleman and Barkley now) - unless incredible silly money is offered. I would take £10-12 m. each for Baines, Arteta, Fellaini, Jags, and £7-8 m. for Heitinga and Bilyaletdinov. £1-2 m. for Neville, Hibbert, Osman, Disting and even Saha.

There are loads of talent out there, they are just not given opportunies like they were before.

I see you've reverted to type. i.e. Get Jol In.

*looks to high heaven*

That is a really bad set of choices there. Moyes will leave in the summer unless he is given roughly £20 m. before player sales - his stock is still high in the PL as the media really don't give a toss about us and our descend down the league is given the absolute minimum of coverage. Only now and again we are told that we are fickle and we would have been relegated without Moyes. To the media Moyes is bigger and better than the club, and until some journalist starts to actually look into what he has done then that will not change.

Moyes will not quit now - there are no PL clubs looking for a manager right now and he will be hard pressed to get a contract to match the one we have given him.

I have no doubt that Moyes is ambitious and want the best for the club, I do however doubt that his skill matches his ambition.
We need a complete shake-up incl. in the manager position - new ideas, new tactics and no loyalties towards current players. Paul Lambert, Martin Jol, Roberto Di Matteo or even Slaven Bilic play a much more attacking game, which the season and the last is what wins you games.

As I have stated earlier I would listen to offers for all our players except Rodwell and Cahill(would add Coleman and Barkley now) - unless incredible silly money is offered. I would take £10-12 m. each for Baines, Arteta, Fellaini, Jags, and £7-8 m. for Heitinga and Bilyaletdinov. £1-2 m. for Neville, Hibbert, Osman, Disting and even Saha.

There are loads of talent out there, they are just not given opportunies like they were before.

I agree with you here my son. I think we need a good clear out and if Moyes was to go there are managers out there and I think with our fan base and history it would be hard for someone to turn down even with the restraints with regards of money to spend.

I see you've reverted to type. i.e. Get Jol In.

*looks to high heaven*

I have got to hand it to you - your blind thrust in Moyes is unique.

obviously the players did not perform yesterday, but again the tactics (Arteta playing behind Fellaini), gameplan(hoofball to Anichebe who is up against strong big, but slow defenders), selection of the players (ie. the non-scoring forward Anichebe), substitutions (taking off our wide players for non-performer Osman and putting Anichebe on the wing).

Credit when credit is due/Critique when critique is due.

I have got to hand it to you - your blind thrust in Moyes is unique.

obviously the players did not perform yesterday, but again the tactics (Arteta playing behind Fellaini), gameplan(hoofball to Anichebe who is up against strong big, but slow defenders), selection of the players (ie. the non-scoring forward Anichebe), substitutions (taking off our wide players for non-performer Osman and putting Anichebe on the wing).

Credit when credit is due/Critique when critique is due.

It is not blind trust.

I just don't flip flop from one week to the next like some without mentioning any names.

It is not blind trust.

I just don't flip flop from one week to the next like some without mentioning any names.
I will gladly admit that I have wanted Moyes out, then wrote that I have regained my thrust in him, not because of the Blackpool result, but because of the team selection which I thought showed that he had learned from his past mistakes.
I'm now at a point where I don't really care whether he stays or goes, I just want to see some radical changes as the overall plan for Everton for 2011 is not working at all.

Jol would be a great manager for us :oops:

sniderman.jpg

If you give credit to Moyes for getting us into the CL a few seasons ago then why can't you criticise for the current playing debacle.

If Moyes accepts the praise for one then he must shoulder the culpability for the way the team is now.

Moyes as manager will undoubtably shoulder the blame. But there were 11 players wearing blue with the motto NSNO and I seen none of them fight for the badge.We should and could easily of beat them if the 11 on the pitch put a shift in .

Moyes as manager will undoubtably shoulder the blame. But there were 11 players wearing blue with the motto NSNO and I seen none of them fight for the badge.We should and could easily of beat them if the 11 on the pitch put a shift in .

True, and they get criticised every week...not defending well, passing well, scoring etc.

There was no fight from the players last night, and non from Moyes either. It was a mess on a lot of levels.

True, and they get criticised every week...not defending well, passing well, scoring etc.

There was no fight from the players last night, and non from Moyes either. It was a mess on a lot of levels.

I think that's why a lot of us are really down, besides the abject performance there was no fight from Moyes, if he'd got up and picked an argument with Coyle the players may even have reacted......

I think that's why a lot of us are really down, besides the abject performance there was no fight from Moyes, if he'd got up and picked an argument with Coyle the players may even have reacted......

What did my head in was seeing Coyle barking at his team for 90minutes...and Moyes just sitting there. It wasnt pretty.

But...If we hopefully get some wins just to stay away from that ****ty relegation zone, we'll all calm down a bit until the summer when the bigger **** storm kicks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.