Why does this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the fans thru incessant pressure on their own players their compromising of young players and anxious fatalism that cascades onto the field and players.

Indeed.

We spent 92 minutes totally abusing the players tonight.

No wonder they let two goals in during the two minutes that followed :mad:

It is all the fault of the fans.

(except me and the snides, of course)

Shame on the rest of you :whip:

That was just bad game management. Pass it back to Pickford after the first goal. Let him waste a bit of time, play it round the defence for a bit. Then as they press we can go long. All that happened was Delph hit it long from the kick off and we conceded possession straight away. Even after the second goal they did the same. Poor.

That was just bad game management. Pass it back to Pickford after the first goal. Let him waste a bit of time, play it round the defence for a bit. Then as they press we can go long. All that happened was Delph hit it long from the kick off and we conceded possession straight away. Even after the second goal they did the same. Poor.

I completely don't understand the thought process of that. It seems like basic game management. It shouldn't have even needed to be communicated, did the strategy come from Ancelotti? It's just mind boggling.

We can blame players. We can curse and moan but it won't change until we understand what causes us to collapse.

Is it being spineless?

Is it bad luck?

Why can't we do it to other teams?

But until the club deal with this there will be no changes. No big match wins - no semi or final wins against the RS since 1906. No wins at big side's grounds and maybe another twenty years without a win at The Pit.

And more last minute collapses at Leicester, Liverpool, City LC semis,

And more so called heroic failure against Villarreal, Fiorentina.. collapses at Millwall, West Ham (FA Cup)... Man U semi heartache, embarrassing Cup exit at Liverpool, Bristol Rovers, Brentford, Panathinaikos, Oldham.... And on and on.

And we deserve answers.
Lack of Leadership.. Lack of Football intelligence lack of collective understanding and teamwork

We can blame players. We can curse and moan but it won't change until we understand what causes us to collapse.

Is it being spineless?

Is it bad luck?

Why can't we do it to other teams?

But until the club deal with this there will be no changes. No big match wins - no semi or final wins against the RS since 1906. No wins at big side's grounds and maybe another twenty years without a win at The Pit.

And more last minute collapses at Leicester, Liverpool, City LC semis,

And more so called heroic failure against Villarreal, Fiorentina.. collapses at Millwall, West Ham (FA Cup)... Man U semi heartache, embarrassing Cup exit at Liverpool, Bristol Rovers, Brentford, Panathinaikos, Oldham.... And on and on.

And we deserve answers.

Chin up mate

Ive been thinking this for almost 40 years. Its seems to have really become our thing in the last few years. I honestly cant work it out. The best explanation is "Everton that". There is clearly no scientific reason for it. We continuously change the team, the managers, the backroom staff. How can it always be the players? Obviously they are the ones playing but surly every player we get cant be "spineless". Whats the answer?

Its a F'ing curse I tell you! Its the RS or maybe a warlock or something. I swear, what else can it be? We are so unlucky! Its just constant.....Im broken...

Mentality. It's the biggest part of sport.

Everyone in the top flight has ability, mentality is what separates the good from the great.

This. In a nutshell. How else do you explain not winning at Anfield for 20 years? Or in London against Arsenal or Chelsea in god knows how long? It's not because ability-wise we haven't had good players/good teams; the club has for a long time had a certain mental fragility. For far too long this club has accepted a certain level of mediocrity, and that has filtered through to the majority of our players.

I've said it before countless times, this club needs an exceptional mental skills coach as much as anything else. Otherwise, we could play Liverpool Ladies FC Under-16s at Anfield and I wouldn't expect a win.

the fans thru incessant pressure on their own players their compromising of young players and anxious fatalism that cascades onto the field and players.

The fans deserve a gold medal for putting with with this s**** for 30 years; the match-going fans even more so. The players are not children FFS, they are extremely well-paid grown men. And if they are that emotionally insecure that a few anxious shouts from the stands seemingly impairs their footballing ability, they should probably go find another job.

The fans deserve a gold medal for putting with with this s**** for 30 years; the match-going fans even more so. The players are not children FFS, they are extremely well-paid grown men. And if they are that emotionally insecure that a few anxious shouts from the stands seemingly impairs their footballing ability, they should probably go find another job.

It's not just an Everton thing. PSG and Barcelona have had similar meltdowns in recent years, plus Carlo's Milan which on paper might actually be one of the best in the last 30 years. Sometimes these things happen. Get behind the players and it happens less and less.

I would love the fans to get a boycott going for our next home game against Palace.

Wont happen like but would love us to make a stand and let the players and club know we have had enough.

You would have thought the FA Cup Derby would have been the result that kicked the players/club up the backside but apparently not.
Exactly everton do about 5 of these a season, it would be better if we just forfiet certain games so we don't have to go through the trauma.

Every single time I look at the table with optimistic anticipation it happens.

And it’s been the first time I did all season this week. Couldn’t be dealing with the table this season but I made the mistake of having a look yesterday and think hmmmm if we can get a win here...

when it matters we choke. It’s getting worse though it used to be when champions league was looking good we choke now it’s top 7.

It’s ingrained. As much as the colour blue or Rupert's tower. The derbies. It’s something deep. And it’s so normalised now the players don’t even feel embarrassed because it’s a long lineage of it. They know nothing else.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.