Why does everyone want Heitinga to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyboy

Player Valuation: £500k
To me Heitinga seems the perfect player for the Martinez regime. Is good on the ball. Calm and composed, and can also play in a back three or even sitting as a deep lying defensive mid. I could definetely see Martinez talking Heitinga into staying at least for this season and turning him into the player we all know that he can become. My only really concern about Heitinga at this point in time is the fact that he is apparently on a big wage. But if he can start living up to the potential we know he has it may just save us a couple of signings.
So in summing up HE'D BEE LIK A NEW SININ LADS!

It's a shame, I really liked Jonny, was rightfully voted player of the season for 11-12. But there was no excuse for how bad he was last season. So we've just signed Alcaraz, Jonny is on big wages, I say cash in on him and put money toward new signings.

He has had some absolute clangers
He thinks he is better than he is
He has already made it clear he is looking to leave the club
He plays like he doesn't care about the club and/or get on with his team mates
He is a complete useless b3ll3nd with a proper gash tattoo

Pick some of the above reasons

Because everyone realise he's about to leave the club so by demonising him it helps with the healing process.

Done a good job for us all things considered but ran his mouth off too many times in the media which led to distrust from many.

Good luck to him though.

I do see your point like. If Martinez could get him back to the form of the 11/12 season then he'd definitely be worth a place in the squad. The thing is, his heart is probably set on a move away from the club so his head wont be in the game and he's always prone to an error or 7 when hes not on form.

If we got 5 mil maximum for him and got his wages off the books that would leave us with distin, alcaraz, jags an duffy, but if we're playing with 3 CB's that wouldnt be enough. So then we're left looking for a cheaper replacement whos going to be on less wages, and is gonna be better than heitinga....where we gonna find that?

I don't want him to go, but last season he was terrible. He doesn't suite 3 at the back, too slow and always doing his tricks that results in freekicks. Still an option on the bench if injuries

• Sh*ts out of 50-50 tackles.
  • Not someone I'd trust when defending a tight lead in a crucial match.
  • Gets easily bullied by big physical strikers.
  • Is a very strange shade.

I'm with the OP, Everyone else seems to get a clean slate except Johnny. He was great two seasons ago, not so good last season but I think he was frustrated by the direction he was given (no excuse for the klangers, I know). I think he plays with his heart on his sleeve and I like that, he's a straight up footballer. Felli isn't getting a hard time for blabbing to the media and he was off his game for large periods of last season. There is as much chance of him being great under RM as being crap. I think he deserves a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.