Why are West Ham obsessed with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allardyce was also trying to get Deulofeu and Lancina Traore was meant to be about to put pen to paper when we stepped in.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...rejected-west-ham-style-19th-century-football
Everton's new loan signing Lacina Traoré rejected West Ham in favour of a move to Goodison Park as he preferred Roberto Martínez's style of play.

The Hammers were in pole position for the 6ft 8in Ivory Coast international after securing a work permit ahead of a move from Monaco. However, Everton came in with a late bid and having assessed both clubs' respective football and position in the Premier League Traoré opted for a move to Merseyside.
As I say it's nothing new...I always hated West Ham, Newcastle, Liverpool and Spurs. They were the four clubs I couldn't stand. It's just a shame where West Ham are concerned that things are falling into place whilst we fall down the league. In relative terms of course.

They really are an odd bunch. Like Newcastle they seem to have this strange, unshakeable believe that they're one of the big boys despite having never won a league title or a global brand to speak of. Their owners suit them down to a tee, absolute bell-whiffs who have silly delusions.

Seem to remember they were all overly excited a few years back when Pardew had a decent season with them. Then when they signed Mascherano and Tevez their fans were talking about top 4 lol

They usually give me a laugh so like Newcastle, they're not a team I hate.

The West Ham fans I've met have always been decent lads, nothing like Spurs or Chelsea. Of course we are bigger than they are but I think there are a few round here a bit worried that they could overtake us in the coming years and have already signed a couple that we were linked with, like Payet & Ogbonna. Payet is having a fantastic season, he is basically a one man team, I don't think they won any games while he was out for 2 months, so it is understandable they were a bit miffed when McCarthy took him out!

Working down sarf I meet alot of hammers. They're alright most of the time. The idiotic twitter meffs aren't a fair representation of the fan base as a whole. Same way the Evertonian twitter meffs don't speak for us
Is right. Had a drink with plenty of West Ham fans in my time and they've mostly been sound. Some absolute cretin sat in his ma's spare room using Twitter doesn't represent a fair picture of any fan, apart from the RS of course.

might be because an everton page on twitter this morning posted a gif of payet's free kick last night followed by McCarthy's tackle on him, as if it is actually a highlight for us.

guessing they are maybe responding to that?

Nah mate, the beef goes much further back than that & goes back to the West Ham directors slagging off McCarthy and their fans acting hysterically for weeks afterwards regarding the Payet challenge.

West Ham started this & some EFC fans have just been taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.