Why are West Ham obsessed with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This started way before Payet. I saw a few shouts for Billic to be brought in over Martinez (Not from me) and also the Ogbanna (spelling?) deal. Both led to goading from either side....Teouble is we're gonna have to suck it up for now as they're about to win the Lottery (New Stadium) and are well clear of us in the league. MaCarthy's tackle certainly added to the mix.

West Han have always had it a touch easier in the media because half the southern Journo's support them including that fat blimp Samuels.
Allardyce was also trying to get Deulofeu and Lancina Traore was meant to be about to put pen to paper when we stepped in.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...rejected-west-ham-style-19th-century-football
Everton's new loan signing Lacina Traoré rejected West Ham in favour of a move to Goodison Park as he preferred Roberto Martínez's style of play.

The Hammers were in pole position for the 6ft 8in Ivory Coast international after securing a work permit ahead of a move from Monaco. However, Everton came in with a late bid and having assessed both clubs' respective football and position in the Premier League Traoré opted for a move to Merseyside.

Just a little thing to get the juices flowing for Wednesday AM.

Why are West Ham fans obsessed with us on Twitter? More so that other clubs I mean. I understand they're jealous of greatness and our history and that.

Why do they think that injuring Payet is a highlight for us, when we couldn't care less? They're STILL going on about it, months after the incident, and the player has returned (after playing on of course).

Anyone?

Regarding the Payet injury.......I am still seething at Brian Marwood and Stuart Pearce respectively for injuries to Adrian Heath and Pat Nevin back in the 80s :red:

http://www.theguardian.com/football...rejected-west-ham-style-19th-century-football
Everton's new loan signing Lacina Traoré rejected West Ham in favour of a move to Goodison Park as he preferred Roberto Martínez's style of play.

The Hammers were in pole position for the 6ft 8in Ivory Coast international after securing a work permit ahead of a move from Monaco. However, Everton came in with a late bid and having assessed both clubs' respective football and position in the Premier League Traoré opted for a move to Merseyside.

You'd think they would be happy with us for that one.

They dodged one and no mistake.

I don't mind West Ham but have never understood how clubs like them think that those outside of their fanbase would have a reason to care about them. The difference between them and us is that throughout footballing history, we have been a very significant club in the English game, and they haven't.

In this current era, the "bigger clubs" like Chelsea and Man United etc will view us in the same way that we view a West Ham. Insignificant and there to make up the numbers, which is a shame for a club like ours.

I wouldn't take too much notice of fans on Social Media either. Their matchgoing fanbase will be decent enough.

we haven't really since the 80's. A lot of their younger fans would have no idea of the success we had. We are about as significant as west ham these days i'm afraid to say. Another average team currently making up the numbers not really challenging the top top clubs.

Please don't encourage them. Stoke will be next.
Stoke have already been at it before West Ham! As have Swansea and Palace.

All bigger clubs than us now apparently whose players would be making a big step down joining us, and clubs who should be beating us to potential signings.

Wow 4 pages worth so far and my reaction is " Who cares , it's WHU FFS?" . It's a bit like the way some fans boo the best player in the away team, Rooney, Gascoigne etc , it shows we have enough class for them to be bothered about us , I wonder how they feel about the likes of Norwich or WBA, probably couldn't give a piece of poor language removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.