Who's the greatest of them all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueboy1945

Player Valuation: £8m
One of Evertons more forgotten heroes is for me.
Royston Vernon, great player,great captain but above all a great goalscorer.
For those who are a lot younger and did not have the pleasure of watching the Blues then his more well known strike partner was the "Golden Vision" Alex Young.

My love affair only go's back as far as 1985 but my dad would always tell me about the players from back in the day whenever i would be raving about sheedy sharp etc he would be tell me they were rubbish in comparison ! Imagine what wage our former heroes could earn theses days considering the amount average players can demand!

Oh and thanks for making feel young ðŸ‘￾

For those who are a lot younger and did not have the pleasure of watching the Blues then his more well known strike partner was the "Golden Vision" Alex Young.

Stumping his ciggy out before getting on the pitch!

My dad would answer "Little Curly Alan Ball".

Big Nev was the best player I ever saw play for us.

Roy was dynamite when it came to goal scoring, he really was lethal. Bally was the greatest of them all, Tony Kaye, in different circumstances, would have been a world beater. But my personal favourite in 50 years supporting the blues was Johnny Morrisey, the hardest man to walk onto a football pitch I ever saw, and a very gifted winger. He was, bye the way, one of only 2 names in Jackie Charlton's infamous 'little black book'. The other was Hutchinson of Chelsea I believe

In all seriousness the greatest won't be anyone I've watched. Best players in my time of watching are Micky Arteta and Big Dunc.

Born in 86, but can't remember anything until the 90s. Kanchelskis for me. Individually the most talented attacking player we've had in the premiership. I don't think anyone else has scored more goals for us in a premiership season since.

in all my time watching everton i can honestly say that big nev was the best in the world at the time he played for us .there is not any other player who you can say this about .nev was the best

in all my time watching everton i can honestly say that big nev was the best in the world at the time he played for us .there is not any other player who you can say this about .nev was the best

Foxy i can't remember where i heard this but someone told me that we nearly got peter shilton before nev became our first choice goalie. everton wouldn't up their offer or something??. we might never of seen big nev!!!

Foxy i can't remember where i heard this but someone told me that we nearly got peter shilton before nev became our first choice goalie. everton wouldn't up their offer or something??. we might never of seen big nev!!!

Interesting. A lot of people said that if we had Shilton in 75 then the leaguw would have more likely have been ours. Naturally, that changes history, at that time, but then then no Nev in the 80s?

Deadly finisher sadly not much footage of him about. 15 penalties never missed one.Never forget his goals when we clinched the title against Fulham.

Status
Not open for further replies.