Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart says Big Dunc and i'd be surprised if Rooney or Lampard would offer much more tactically than he would. He's worked alongside a number of different managers with different ideas so should have a clue on how to set us up. But my head says we're so close to the drop that we need experience. Kovac or Diego Martinez maybe, but neither seems to be getting much of a mention. I just hope Moshiri has nothing to do with the decision.

I think most of the anti-Benitez crowd also directed plenty of ire at Moshiri and Kenwright

I'd say most were angrier at Moshiri for making the appointment than they were at Benitez for taking it

Any manager is getting sacked going on a run like Benitez did. I know those who backed him to the hilt are angry he's gone and are looking for people to blame, but his crap tactics and his stubborn refusal to change said tactics is ultimately why he got sacked. If he'd dropped Rondon, played three in the middle and sorted out the defending he'd still be in a job right now. But he didn't, so he got sacked

Of course there's more going on at the club that needs addressing, but Benitez still needed sacking regardless of those other issues

Absolutely.

I think most of the anti-Benitez crowd also directed plenty of ire at Moshiri and Kenwright

I'd say most were angrier at Moshiri for making the appointment than they were at Benitez for taking it

Any manager is getting sacked going on a run like Benitez did. I know those who backed him to the hilt are angry he's gone and are looking for people to blame, but his crap tactics and his stubborn refusal to change said tactics is ultimately why he got sacked. If he'd dropped Rondon, played three in the middle and sorted out the defending he'd still be in a job right now. But he didn't, so he got sacked

Of course there's more going on at the club that needs addressing, but Benitez still needed sacking regardless of those other issues
This ^^^^^

Benitez was a symptom, Moshiri is the disease.

My heart says Big Dunc and i'd be surprised if Rooney or Lampard would offer much more tactically than he would. He's worked alongside a number of different managers with different ideas so should have a clue on how to set us up. But my head says we're so close to the drop that we need experience. Kovac or Diego Martinez maybe, but neither seems to be getting much of a mention. I just hope Moshiri has nothing to do with the decision.
Both Rooney and Lampard have managed teams and played under some of the best managers in world football
Dunc has done neither bar Carlo

If he isn't tainted by his association with past manager it can only be because he only lays out the cones. In which case In which case I wouldn't' want to lend my trust to him as the new manager of the football club. Rather someone who's held longer term responsibility in management. I personally wouldn't mind Lampard.

After 4 games in charge last time it fizzled out from a win to a cup exit and two draws.

That wasn't good enough from a new manager / caretaker manager bounce. The 0-0 Arsenal game at home was utter turd. The team lost belief. The owners would have noted that.

There's no other way forward here than a new manager coming in. We have half a season left, not 6/7 games. And we have the next 17 days or so to get one for after the international break.
Good spot that mate. What you are saying that Duncan's performance would have brought us a total of 63 points in his first season had he got the season!

Quite a performance by the big fella as it would have got us 5th place.

1642593904902.png

This is our opportunity to get back to the top!

COYB

Both Rooney and Lampard have managed teams and played under some of the best managers in world football
Dunc has done neither bar Carlo
In his defence, he has spent about ten years next to high profile managers in the dug out, training, team briefs, selections everything. They have kept him on so he must have been doing the right things. There is no way these dudes keep him other wise (please dont anyone start with BK and his insistence that he comes with the job).

Problem lies or at least in major part about ego we are hiring or more important when.

Martinez a manager who made his reputation on keeping a team up on nothing we decide to hire when he just got relegated, Koeman was a manager who the season before had had an alarming collapse in results (one that'd see him sacked at nearly any other club), Silva we wanted when his stick was high, git him after he was sacked after a terrible season with Watford, bfs - kneejerk hiring about relegation worries, Carlo when his best days where probably 10+ in the rear view mirror and Rafael when his last three jobs or more had been at best failures Newcastle went down with him, he even flopped in bloody China.

Not one of the past six could be considered on the upward when we hired them.

Almost like we're hiring purely on past reputation regardless of the present reality.
Alternatively, Martinez had just won the FA cup with Wigan, giving us a hiding in the process.

Koeman had seemed for nearly two years to build on the good work Poch did at Soton.

Allardyce - not saying anything in his defence.

Watford were flying till we approached Silva and he showed an interest, after which his team downed tools.

Carlo (in the previous 10 years) had won the double with Chelsea, Champions League with Real, league with PSG and Bayern, and, by the way, has the 5th highest win percentage of all Everton managers in history.

Rafael had undeniably good stints at Chelsea, Real and Napoli and his win % at Newcastle was very good in context.

None of them bar Allardyce were obvious duds, even though I wouldn't have chosen four of them.

After 4 games in charge last time it fizzled out from a win to a cup exit and two draws.

That wasn't good enough from a new manager / caretaker manager bounce. The 0-0 Arsenal game at home was utter turd. The team lost belief. The owners would have noted that.

There's no other way forward here than a new manager coming in. We have half a season left, not 6/7 games. And we have the next 17 days or so to get one for after the international break.
Who were the four games against?

We lost.

As said: trajectory downward.

Imagine what 19 games looks like. We'd win a few then be flatlining - and that is a waste of time. We need a new manager in. It's half a season. If it were the last 6/7 games I'd see the point of an "interim".
You said we got a draw when we played qpr despite losing to them on penalties. Funny how you change you view to suit you agenda for or against people.

Status
Not open for further replies.