Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pochetinno
Still remember TalkSport presenters going mad at Southampton for getting rid of dependable Nigel Adkins who was doing as good a job as could possibly be expected. That they replaced a plucky Brit heroically dipping in and out of the relegation zone with some Johnny Foreign Argie no-mark with zero PL experience AND he was using an interpreter for press duties due to not being fully fluent and worried about saying the wrong thing.

One of the blerts on the midday/afternoon show was going full gammon because Adkins spoke perfect English.

Can I clear something up before this place turns toxic again - surely nobody hates Martinez? The guy has never said a bad word about us (or anything for that matter).

He's not the greatest manager of course, but are we really going to piss our pants again over the choice of manager? Seems self-defeating, especially given the lack of credible alternatives and when we're in a relegation scrap.

I personally think it sounds like a laugh, I'm all aboard Martinez pt.2.
I can’t stand him tbh. Drove me mad. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but he is a nightmare of a manager.

Why's Moyes not a serious contender here? He's shown what he can do when backed with money at West Ham. He still lives in Preston. Potter seems to get mentioned for his expansive football, but West ham have scored twice as many goals this season. Surely his name has to be in the hat here?
As if he would leave West Ham, Europe next season, great squad and a bit of cash to spend with new owners for this mess

Why's Moyes not a serious contender here? He's shown what he can do when backed with money at West Ham. He still lives in Preston. Potter seems to get mentioned for his expansive football, but West ham have scored twice as many goals this season. Surely his name has to be in the hat here?

Because he wouldn't dream of coming here atm

I'm not against that but I would personally prefer someone younger, and I have some concerns over why he turned down the Palace job
From my understanding he was set to take on the appointment than he had last minute concerns over lack of potential transfer activity and just the overall state of their squad. So it makes you wonder how he would percieve Everton with our squad and budget deficiencies

It says everything about our current situation when I can honestly say i'd have Allardyce back til the end of the season

We don't need a short term firefighter. We are 6 points ahead of the drop with 19 games remaining. Why are people so quick to panic? We are not doomed, we are just in a precarious position due in part to an inept manager.

2 wins changes an awful lot, let's keep our nerve.

We don't need a short term firefighter. We are 6 points ahead of the drop with 19 games remaining. Why are people so quick to panic? We are not doomed, we are just in a precarious position due in part to an inept manager.

2 wins changes an awful lot, let's keep our nerve.
Because we're bottom of the form table - and IF we get relegated it probably puts paid to our new stadium and possibly ends the club

So, yeah

It says everything about our current situation when I can honestly say i'd have Allardyce back til the end of the season

I said when we appointed this man that he was a wrecking ball of a manager. Most of the teams he was brought in to save from the drop went on to drop not long after. Yes that is probably down to them being run so badly that it was almost inevitable but he also brings in has been players on high wages ‘Tosun’ and that also causes massive issues when he has long gone.

I would rather we had a raffle before the game and selected players and tactics before the game that way than have that man back at this club.

It is overrated as most of the league is garbage

Bringing in somebody from a foreign league is a coin toss though - Spanish gods like Emery struggled to adapt to the game over here

Not sure Emery failed because he struggled to adapt, he failed at that club because trusted the senior players and bought Pepe. Had he done what Arteta saved his job with (ie: bin them off for kids) he'd probably still be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.