Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not against that but I would personally prefer someone younger, and I have some concerns over why he turned down the Palace job
I'm not trying to get into a row or anything - and I essentially agree with you

I'm talking about in the interim period. I just think bringing in somebody 'cold' is too much of a risk in our current situation

"Interim".

A word now in vogue in the idiot world of Premier League football.

We have half a season in front of us. We dont want an 'interim', we want a permanent manager.

This lot have 3 weeks to find one before we fully roll into the second half of the season, so they better either appoint Roberto or get out there and bring one in. There is a lot of games to be played here and we dont want any apprentices learning on the job.
Wondered when you'd pipe up for your man - he a stubborn kin clown who was only taking us one way.
He let us get unfit - see snake Osmans quote.
He decimated the medical side because he had a cert in physio and knew better
Remember when were hammy central ?
Bought Kone, Alvarez, Niasse, McGeady and many other duds
He got lucky with Lukaku and Barry, maybe Delboy

I'm not trying to get into a row or anything - and I essentially agree with you

I'm talking about in the interim period. I just think bringing in somebody 'cold' is too much of a risk in our current situation

I just feel that if he turned down the Palace job, he may well not be keen on managing in the PL, and he may well turn us down too.

Why's Moyes not a serious contender here? He's shown what he can do when backed with money at West Ham. He still lives in Preston. Potter seems to get mentioned for his expansive football, but West ham have scored twice as many goals this season. Surely his name has to be in the hat here?

Scenarios like now are where a DOF would be ideal. Unfortunately even if we still had one they would of been deprived of any meaningful authority to make the decision. I just dont trust these clowns to make the correct decision

Why's Moyes not a serious contender here? He's shown what he can do when backed with money at West Ham. He still lives in Preston. Potter seems to get mentioned for his expansive football, but West ham have scored twice as many goals this season. Surely his name has to be in the hat here?
Because he's not thick or desperate, and you need to be one of the two (or both in Martinez's case), to accept this job right now.

Moyes has a great thing going at West Ham now, he wouldn't leave them to have to come and do it all again for us

It is overrated as most of the league is garbage

Bringing in somebody from a foreign league is a coin toss though - Spanish gods like Emery struggled to adapt to the game over here

It's not about the experience IMO, it's recognising the job at hand and being capable of doing it.

First and foremost is to pull away from the relegation spots. If you bring someone in who sees that as byproduct of their "philosophy" or style, they'll fail horribly.

The problem we've had is egos. Ego driven stubborn managers more interested in "their" way and not the teams way (bar Carlo) is what's killed us. That needs to be gone.

I really think we need a manager who is strong defensively, even if its only to the end of the season. The priority has to be to get 21 more points and get us to the 40 point mark. The biggest danger for me is that we bring in someone who wants to play free flowing attacking football, zonal marking and a high line and we just continue to get caught out for pace and positioning at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.