Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer a permanent manager rather than an interim but I would obviously support Ferguson if he gets it. He's not the worst choice by any means.

I just have slight concerns about judging an interim's performance. It's very difficult to know after 4 or 5 months if someone has the ability and credentials to be the long term option. I think OGS is a case in point.

I just think it's better to assess in the summer. You have time, pre season, transfer windows. Whoever gets it perm has time to set things up.

Right now you're just bringing someone in to put out a fire. Anyone coming in that doesn't think that way (and there will be) will do what Benitez did and go "oh, it's not my fault, this is a mess". When it's not really squad wise, it just needs someone who leaves his ego at the door to get points.

The OGS thing worked when you think about it. Steadied a ship, improved them over 2 seasons. The next step was to challenge which he clearly wasn't cut out to do. That lies with the board for not spotting and making the decision to replace him.

Don't hate me... but I'm starting to come around to the idea of Lampard.

Potter & Galtier wouldn't want to move right now, in my opinion. Martinez we should just swerve completely. Rooney is an option but would come with even less experience than Lampard.

I think Lampard did okay with Derby and Chelsea, by and large. The Chelsea job may have come too soon for him but some of the groundwork he laid there was decent - Tuchel won the CL with a number of the players he inherited from him. He was a serial winner as a player as well (which incidentally is something I'd also positively attribute to Rooney) and would be eager to impress I reckon. I think he'd also get on well with Dunc, Baines et al. and would form a good rapport with the players.

Either way I think we need to target a coach of his profile - young, progressive, willing to blood the youth and still learning in the 'modern' game.

Martinez had no squad. Ageing defence, which was completely undermined by a finished Tim Howard, who couldn’t sweep & had at least one calamity per game.

He still took us to 2 semis in his last season. Should never have been sacked.

If Moshiri had backed him with half of what he gave Koeman, we’d be in a lot better place now!
An ageing defence? He had stones, funes Mori, prime Coleman and even baines wasn’t that old. He spent money on funes mori and Niasse, it’s scary to think what he’d have done with more money. I can’t think of an appointment less suited to what we need at the moment than Martinez.

"Interim".

A word now in vogue in the idiot world of Premier League football.

We have half a season in front of us. We dont want an 'interim', we want a permanent manager.

This lot have 3 weeks to find one before we fully roll into the second half of the season, so they better either appoint Roberto or get out there and bring one in. There is a lot of games to be played here and we dont want any apprentices learning on the job.

Current odds on Martinez are very short indeed. Them lads don't usually get it too far wrong. Its looking like we might be getting Bob back.
By “them lads” do you mean the bookies?

They have new favourites almost daily when it comes to vacant managers positions.

Not saying it definitely won’t be Martinez, but the only reason he’s favourite with the bookies is because that’s where peoples money is at the min due to all the media talk yesterday.

Although I would prefer favre, Garcia or kovac I'd be open to Lampard as well. Honestly not ideal but I'd rather have rooney over Ferguson , at least he has some actual managerial experience at the helm. Even though its sparse

Solskjær is available isn't he

By “them lads” do you mean the bookies?

They have new favourites almost daily when it comes to vacant managers positions.

Not saying it definitely won’t be Martinez, but the only reason he’s favourite with the bookies is because that’s where peoples money is at the min due to all the media talk yesterday.
Somebody please convince me that martinez back is a dream/nightmare call it what you will, seriously even our inept muppets at the top can't be serious about this ffs. Are they actually trying to destroy the metal health of our fan base because if they are then it's the greatest achievement they have ever completed. I'm actually laughing nonstop with histeria even typing this. My god this would top the lot this would, deary deary me. How pathetic has our club become. Please please tell me this won't, cannot happen.

As we're seeing at Man United, appointing an interim manager until the end of the season is never a good idea.

The players know that they have a new man coming in with new ideas in the near future. The manager does not have any authority.

If we're giving the job to Ferguson, give it to him permanently It would be a disaster to appoint anyone until the end of the season.

If Martinez comes back........
download.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.