Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a positive net spend thanks to a big sale. He signed 12 players and Derby County never made a penny on single one of them. I'm obviously being exaggerative but Lampard has contributed to their financial situation the same way Allardyce did to us. He's splashed the cash and they all missed

Derby bet the house on promotion that season which is a strange thing to trust a manager with who'd never managed before. It stands to reason the Chelsea job then came too soon, he might have took Derby up given another year

You look at the strength of the teams who went up that season and Derby still beat Bielsa's Leeds in the play offs who won it the next year

The fact we didn't have an immediate replacement in mind shows the complete lack of leadership from the top down

Surely they must have known Rafael was getting it weeks before they did it. Did they just sack him and thinking right what next

Hate this club me. Actually no I hate the club's hierarchy

How? He lost 11 of his 20 games with them with a 30% win percentage. He was brought in to keep them up... much like he has with us. It was also Moshiri's mate Kia Joorabchian who convinced the 1860 Munich board that he was the man for the job. The similarities are there to see.

The board there had gone balls-deep on an attempt to get to the Bundesliga, bankrolled by Hassan Abdullah Ismaik that didn't work... The club were absolutely hamstrung financially and he refused to put any extra funds in right down to refusing to pay the registration fee for the 3rd tier which saw them automatically drop down to the 4th.

Weirdly, Iain Ayre the ex RS CEO was on their board at the time.

The board there had gone balls-deep on an attempt to get to the Bundesliga, bankrolled by Hassan Abdullah Ismaik that didn't work... The club were absolutely hamstrung financially and he refused to put any extra funds in right down to refusing to pay the registration fee for the 3rd tier which saw them automatically drop down to the 4th.

Weirdly, Iain Ayre the ex RS CEO was on their board at the time.
Its frustrating when you look at it though. We have young exciting managers linked with us that could take us in a totally new direction, and Moshiri is lining his mates pocket to hire Pereira. Of those linked hes probably most people last pick. It seems because this guy is willing to accept a 4 month contract, hes the favoured choice? What about picking the best man for the job for Everton?

Its frustrating when you look at it though. We have young exciting managers linked with us that could take us in a totally new direction, and Moshiri is lining his mates pocket to hire Pereira. Of those linked hes probably most people last pick. It seems because this guy is willing to accept a 4 month contract, hes the favoured choice? What about picking the best man for the job for Everton?

I 100% agree with you. Not my first choice, probably not in my top 5. But I do think it's a little unfair to use the smoking crater that 1860 were in the process of becoming on him. I mean, they aren't a big club and probably haven't been since the 60s.

I still don't want him at Everton, however.

1860 were already screwed in a number of ways before he got there. I'm not saying he's a world beater but that one isn't really on him.
Right, but there are other points: He got new signings, his signings and all of them failed!!! Names I have never heard of or know where are they now.

The football was strange and he was so stubborn with his tactics. After the relegation he has a interview, that he liked other football but the players were so bad to play his style.

I mean a manager who worked in turkey (sacked twice), china and saudi arabia should not nowhere hese club in these circumstances after the last manager was a equivalent to this.

There is not 1 point to prefer him to this job. Not just a f...ing one. I´m so furious. I mean I´m here in germany, but I love this club and I am not thinking of winning trophies, top 4 or so. I only want this club back I fall in love with.

Not this laughing stock at the moment, with another chapter on the the horizon for bad management.

The fact we didn't have an immediate replacement in mind shows the complete lack of leadership from the top down

Surely they must have known Rafael was getting it weeks before they did it. Did they just sack him and thinking right what next

Hate this club me. Actually no I hate the club's hierarchy
I really don't think they did

Right, but there are other points: He got new signings, his signings and all of them failed!!! Names I have never heard of or know where are they now.

The football was strange and he was so stubborn with his tactics. After the relegation he has a interview, that he liked other football but the players were so bad to play his style.

I mean a manager who worked in turkey (sacked twice), china and saudi arabia should not nowhere hese club in these circumstances after the last manager was a equivalent to this.

There is not 1 point to prefer him to this job. Not just a f...ing one. I´m so furious. I mean I´m here in germany, but I love this club and I am not thinking of winning trophies, top 4 or so. I only want this club back I fall in love with.

Not this laughing stock at the moment, with another chapter on the the horizon for bad management.

Yep. Spot on. How is the board going to justify this appointment? What are the reason's for hiring him? The cheltenham manager would be a better appointment.

Gee, I wonder which super agent's influence that could have been? We're really up the creek here, aren't we?

I agree with this. The only reason I can see for this appointment is that this guy is the only one willing to sign a 4 month contract, if he even lasts that long, so Moshiri wont have to pay out more wages when he inevitably sacks him.

Also to be fair, any manager worth hiring will want at least 18 months to get the squad working as they want. Who's going to take a temp contract when your expected to invest so much time taking over the disaster that is our squad....

Derby bet the house on promotion that season which is a strange thing to trust a manager with who'd never managed before. It stands to reason the Chelsea job then came too soon, he might have took Derby up given another year

You look at the strength of the teams who went up that season and Derby still beat Bielsa's Leeds in the play offs who won it the next year
All derby's underlying stats suggested they shouldve been closer to 24th than first for that season. They were also heavily reliant on Wilson and Mount and neither were availible the next season. That Derby team was the perfect storm of luck and was completely unsustainable

There’s something wrong with evertonians. We live in LaLa land. Does anyone thing we’re a big club or an attractive job for a progressive manager (cc Potter). People screaming for lampard to get the job? Mother of god. Maybe pereira will do a decent job, at least he’s won a few pots.

I’m starting to think we’re part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.