Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgium have an international in March, they want him for that, they’ve already said it won’t happen even with a £2m release clause. There’s going to be more to it on our end if we’re serious about bringing him back
That's just their negotiating position.

Thing is if we win on Saturday under Dunc we dont have another league game for three weeks, so while we need it sorted we do have a bit of time.
I wouldnt be to bothered if Dunc and Baines get the cup game and Newcastle on the 8th, if it meant we are taking time to get it right

Why on EARTH do we have to go back to Martinez?!!!!! What has he done in six years with the best generation of Belgium players to prove he has improved?! Two years of failure with a better squad than we have now!!! Terrible defending bad organisation we cannot cannot appoint Bobby even on a interim. We will go down. Get some foresight look beyond former players and managers find the best man for the job don't just choose a manager because you like him it's about the club! Not whose turn it is who gets to choose this time!!??

Thing is if we win on Saturday under Dunc we dont have another league game for three weeks, so while we need it sorted we do have a bit of time.
I wouldnt be to bothered if Dunc and Baines get the cup game and Newcastle on the 8th, if it meant we are taking time to get it right
This is true - if we beat Villa. A win there buys proper time. Anything less and the need becomes even more pressing to get on with things.

Unpopular opinion here, but I really have doubts about Kovac's quality.

I watch a lot of Bundesliga and Ligue 1 and his sides have never impressed me at all. Now, I'm not claiming to be a know-it-all here, football is a game of opinions and I am just sharing mine. But from what I've seen (based on the eye and not stats), his teams don't play good football on the whole and don't press (a key component of the modern game). He also is an extremely divisive figure and seems to cause consternation wherever he goes.

I know on face value his win% etc looks good, but these were massively padded by his time at Bayern. I haven't seen as much of his sides as I have of other coaches (Galtier for example) but I really don't get the fuss. I have asked others who watch a lot more European footy than I do and they all seemed to agree.

Now, I know he might still be the best of a frankly awful list of candidates, but I am surprised to see so many people lauding him on here. He might turn out to be great, but from what I've seen, I have my doubts ?

I look at Silva and what he is doing at Fulham ... conceding 21 goals so far and scoring for fun. I then look at our players and think......... You bunch of FFIN lazy turds. It seems to me that this bunch will just down tools on anyone they don't like. This to me is a major FFIN problem within this club. I am convinced half of them knew Carlo was leaving and went FFF It.

Status
Not open for further replies.